Hepatitis C Community
getting tested for hep c

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

getting tested for hep c

i went friday (nov.30) to get hep c testing and liver enzyme blood test done,but i already know i have this.its been my secret for a very long time..i have always been particularly clean around family and friends.i clean my home with warm bleach daily.i wont let no one use my bathtub and i always put my razor up.i have always told my husband to use a condom which he never questioned due to me having extremely bad periods til i had hysterectomy last year.i had had a blood transfusion when i was 9 years old.i got extremely sick about 3-4 weeks after transfusion.i am now 38.i gave blood when i was 20 and thats how i found out.my side hurts alot,my legs kill me.i got so used to the fatigue that it doenst bother me no longer.i am a waitress working 6 days a week.i have very high anxiety,my dr has prescribed me zanax.i couldnt tell my dr when i went on thursday,i just couldnt.to look @ me you would think i was the most healthiest person on the planet.i told my husband.he says i need to get better,i lash out at him to drive him away.how do u tell ppl. you have this and this is whats wrong w/ you?my insides feel like i am slowly dying.the fevers are getting worse and i do not drink but i feel like i am dying.any help?
Tags: Anxiety, Liver
".i am now 38.i gave blood when i was 20 and thats how i found out."
_____________

When you give blood they only test for the antibody - not the virus itself. Lots of people clear the antibody on their own. There is a very good possibility you may not have Hepatitis C. Did you have an HCV PCR test or just another Antibody test?

Quite honestly I would wait until you receive the results.
____________
You could look at anyone of us and think we are the healthiest people on the planet. There is no way on the outside to tell if one has HCV. That is one of the reasons it goes undetected for so long.

I am sorry the possibility you might have an infectious disease has caused you so much distress. At this point I would just hang in there for a few more days and see what your labs say. You have hung in there this long!

Take care and be sure to let us know the outcome ♫

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YR MORAL SUPPORT,I HOPE EVERYTHING IS NORMAL BUT I HAV A STRONG NAGGING FEELING THAT MY TEST RESULTS WILL SHOW THAT I AM INFECTED.RIGHT NOW,ONCE AGAIN I AM RUNNING A FEVER AND ITS RIGHT BEFORE 8:00AM HERE
"fevers are getting worse"

A fever is a sign that you have an infection. Get an appointment with a primary care physician so they can diagnose what type of infection you have and treat you.

If you have temperature is 103 F or greater, a fever that lasts for more than seven days, or fever symptoms get worse, Call a doctor.

Viruses, fungal, parasitic and bacterial infections can cause fever so can
a. dehydration
b. drug overdose
c. medications

Good luck.
Hector
no fevers are always low-grade no higher than 100.3 my norm thru the new thermometers is at around 97.6.maybe everyone is right but when i gave blood when i was 20 blood cross sent me a letter stating my blood had infected at least 5 ppl. then i had to go back to mobile blood van and give more blood and thats how i got informed of having hcv.tried several times to tell my husband,i even asked him if he knew what hcv was--his answer stopped me in my tracks-he said that was that disease that eats you from the inside out.so every since i have been extremely careful around my family and friends.i have taught my son to never ever even touch someones blood and DO NOT BECOME  blood brothers how me and my little friends did when we were like 6
i am positive but the liver enzyme test shows no liver damage,goot go back to lab to find out what genotype and if i need treatment atll.dr said 1out of 5 ppl dont need treatment that the body fights and wins against virus.thanks for yr support and if there's any specific questions i need to ask doctor.he is referring me to hepatologist anyways.my blood will always be 'marked' regardless. any help is most appreciated