Hepatitis C Community
happy happy happy!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

happy happy happy!

finishing treatment next week, cant believe I made it through there were times I didn't think I could,husband has been  my rock through this hard time. sides were pretty bad fatique and skin rash but the worst of all was I lost most of my hair. pcr test at 4 weeks was und didn't have any other tests through my treatment so hoping for und at end date witch I will be tested on june 23rd. wish me luck. this forum has helped me a lot through this I learned a lot so thank you !
congrats and all are prayers are with you..what treatment were you on if I may ask.  I have rash and also lots of hair loss.  Im on SOVALDI & RIBA.
Sorry to hear both of you suffered hair loss. I was really hoping this would be one of those very rare side effects. What treatment combo are you on?
Almost done, dbuck!  My doctor is only doing the PCR at week 4 and 12.  He thinks it's a waste of money to keep testing, which in principle I agree with but of course would like to know.

I think you're on Sovaldi, Riba and Interferon, correct?  I'm on S+R and have had the opposite experience with hair loss.  In the months leading up to treatment, my hair had started to fall out, not dramatically but more than usual.  It's totally stopped which I'm taking as a good sign.  Everyone is different and these meds affect everyone differently so I just wanted to put that out there.

One test that my doctor ran prior to treatment besides the baseline CBC was a thyroid test.  It came up clean but since it was one of the only additional tests he ran, I thought it must be an important marker for treatment.  I know hair loss can be a result of thyroid malfunction -- just spitballing here.  In any event, I believe everyone who experiences this side effect, gets new hair after treatment so not to worry!
Congratulations for finishing tx and good luck with the bloods my hubby lost alot of his hair but after a few month EOT not only did it start growing back but it grew back a lot thicker. Let us know your results. Love Julesx
It does come back.
I lost alot of hair during and after tx. A couple of months after finishing it stopped falling out.  It's grown back with a vengeance and with a slight curl, as thick as ever.