Hepatitis C Community
hcv antibody

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hcv antibody

i have read a lot from this community that there are some who are reactive to hcv antibody test are negative in virus through pcr. ln 2001 i was screened in red cross but unluckily i was found positive of hcv antibody. last april this year i was screened again but found the same 376.400 9 REACTIVE and i dont know what this figure means. they from the clinical lab suggest for pcr. until this time i still have not done that but i plan this comming june. i did a test for my liver enzymes AST 37 u/l, ALT 57 u/l. at this time i am taking  daily vitamin, mineral and herbal supplements. the goal of this is to strengthen my immune system and help better function my liver. 1000mg vitamin c, 200 iu vitamin e with lecithen, b compelex, selenium 50 mg, zinc 30 mg, immunol (from hAmida pharma) it is a herbal sups. designed to boost immune sytem, liveraid (sylimarin capsules), natural fruit juice from carrots just 1 piece a day, melon, apple, orange, I DRINK green tea with lemon 1 glass a day, I EAT caulliflowerc brucolli, cabbage, in fried rice i use virgin olive oil, plenty of garlics unions and a tomatoe i really like fruits and vegetables. my question is can this harm my liver?
Hi, welcome to the forum.

The ONLY way you can actually find out if you actually have hep c is from the PCR. You will always test positive for antibodies, whether you are one of the 15-35% of people whose body fought off the disease itself or had a positive outcome from treatment.

Your liver enzymes are within the 'normal' range, but not optimal.

It looks like you take good care of yourself by eating a healthy diet and taking good supplements. So the only thing I would worry about is to have the PCR done. If you actually have hep c, they should also check for your genotype.

I hope that you only have antibodies, but if you do have hep c, you have come to the right place to discuss this. There are many knowledgeable and compassionate people on this forum.

You are eating a good diet... which won't hurt your liver, but untreated hep C will eventually do damage, so you need to find out for sure if you have it. Marcia gave you good advice above.

Get 'ur done!!!!!!!!!
k thanx!
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
PaintingLife joined this community
Welcome them!
May 24
Track your weight over time