hcv stage 2 liver damage
My Biopsy results at August 2013:
portal/periportal          grade 2 to 3
lobular                        grade 1

Confirm stage 2 periportal and portal-portal septal fibrosis with intact architecture. A mild to moderate portal and focal portal priportal with focal piecemeal necrosis. No cirrhosis.

Starting treatment after Dec 24 with INCEVEK , Peginterferon alfa and Ribavirin. I will be usung the new medicine INCEVEK

My questions are:
1. Can I work while in treatment?
2.If there are good chances for me to be cure or reverse fibrosis to stage 0, or at least have a more healthy liver  after treatment?
3. How long it takes stage 2 to reach stage 4(cirrhosis)

1. Can I work while in treatment?
A lot depends on the type of job you have, many of us has been able to work. That varies depending on the person and job they have and side effects.

Going back to stage 0 is unlikely, reversing some damage is likely. Remember once you stop what's causing the damage even staying at stage 2 will not be a problem......... Cure rates with Inc. are quite good.

That will vary between people, some might takes years while others progress more quickly. A rule of thumb says about 3 to 5 years per stage, but age, habits and other things play a part. At stage 2 it is time to start the process of curing oneself....... Life is so much easier without having cirrhosis.

Wishing you the best, welcome to the forum........
Thank you for your response. Can't wait to start treatment. I just hope the new medicine will be more easy to tolerate and I want to get better and live a normal life. Life is so precious now I know better how precious is.

Moca3
Incivek is not a new medication.  It's been approved and in use for several years.  There are quite a few members on this forum who have treated with Incivek.
Have you ever treated before?
Advocate1955
I just find out that I have hepatitis C 5 months go. I acted quickly and did all what my doctor told me to do, lab test lft's viral load, genotype, liver biopsy, I mean everything so now that my doctor have all the tests done, he recommends treatment a soon as possible. Never been treated before but I heard that the medicines are strong and they are new ones out there.

Moca3
Hi I was stage 2 also I did same treatment  24 weeks . I did the treatment in Jan 2012 through June 27 2012. I was und at first blood draw 4th week. I got SVR in Dec 2012 had another blood draw in June still UND and I thank God every day it is over. Good luck and God bless you through this time when you are treating .
Lots very nice people here to answer your ? and they are so nice.

bbj
I am so glad that you got cured. I feel optimist after hearing you got the same treatment I am about to take and it work for you. I am praying to God to help me with this disease and get cure. And I have faith that after treatment I will get cure.

Moca3