Hepatitis C Community
headaches and nausea on week 2

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

headaches and nausea on week 2

It's now week 2 and the nausea has gotten real bad. Cant's sleep at night. I even have cold sweats plus the headaches.   Is there anything I can take to make this disappear? Tomorrow is MOnday and I've got to talk to my doctor.
Hi there.  Looks like you are on RIBA and Interferon only, right?  If you haven't already, take Advil or Tylenol (whichever your doc recommends) 30 minutes before your meds.  And be sure to take with food, to give your stomach a buffer.  At your bedside, have some crackers on hand.  Ritz seem to help me, maybe it's the buttery flavor :)  Also, try ginger chews from Trader Joe's (small bites, as they are hot and real chewy).  Drink plenty of water and try some soda to settle your stomach.  You are doing the right thing by calling your doc tomorrow.  Feel better soon!
yes im on  pegasys and riba. thank you for your suggestions. i'll give that a try on saturday, my 3rd shot. rather before.  it came and went. i got the shot at noon. i started the nausea at 6 that night up until 3 pm the next day. I've been fine since.
I got my dr. to prescribe zofran for nausea. Seems to help me alot.
Wow, noon is way early, so that might have something to do with it too.  They recommend you do the shot near bedtime, so you can sleep through the sides.  But if you're working a late shift and it better fits your schedule, then stick with what you're doing.  I do my shot on Fridays at 9:30 p.m., and then take my last dose of Victrelis at 10:00 p.m.  If you can do the shot later, try that.  If not, then try to take a long nap after you do the shot.  Take care.
Hi Marty.  I've heard good things about Zofran.  How often do you have to take it??  Any noticeable sides from it?  Thanks
im on week 4, headaches and nausea seem to be subsiding...
That's it. Zofran.  Couldn't remember the name of this med for the life of me. Thanks