Hepatitis C Community
headaches
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

headaches

I have always been prone to headaches. Excedrin was the only thing that helps. Taking so many of them I an now taking codeine/fioricet. My think is better to take one stronger then Excedrin all day.Anyone have advise on this?
Hep 1A with fatty liver.
Thanks
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
797354_tn?1260712437
Sorry about ur head akes sweety ! I'm a migran suffer, and I see a nuroygist he told me exedrin an make ur headake worsh so I think I would ask my hepatolygist what was safe 4 my liver as well as my head? u may b getting mirgrains and nead 2 b put on maxsals or something that doesnt hurt ur liver ?

good luck!
Red
Blank
so how is that working for you? I know about headaches, I use to to get migraines. now I basically have chronic headaches,as well as other pains ect. my md. lets me take vicoprofin. no more than 30 a month. I can subsidise(sp) with 200mg ibuprofin. Of course it is not enough. but other wise I am popping alot of advil a lot. I have hcv and cirrosis (cirrhosis). It is definetly a toss up. but yeah, take it up with M.D.  Who is perscribing your codiene?     Good luck with this. balance is the key          Dasflueff....                                                                  
Blank
the codeine/firoricet works great. I'm just leary of the tylenol. My MD knows my situation and gives me the prescription. Hasn't recommended anything else. I'll have to look up vicoprofin. I haven't heard of it before. The Excedrin always worked for me until recently. I wake up every morning with headaches, strange. I'll check out maxsal too.
Thanks, that's two new things to look into.
Blank
789572_tn?1334428479
sounds like you are getting rebound headaches from taking pain meds so often.

What's your caffeine intake?

I did some research on migraines and helped me out a lot, most of mine were diet related.
Blank
789572_tn?1334428479
rebound headaches link:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rebound-headaches/DS00613
Blank
I stopped caffeine quite awhile ago, except what's in Excedrin.. I will checkout rebound headaches link. Thanks.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...