Hepatitis C Community
heavy leg

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

heavy leg

I am on week 7 of triple treatment ,I can hardly walk my legs feel like lead, like I have done 100 Leg presses to failure. Has any one else had this. I have the rash and sob also but so does every one else I see.
I developed the heavy, achy, and severly fatigued leg syndrome about 9-10 weeks into treatment. It also affected my hips. Every time I took a step I felt like I had weights attached to my legs or had just climbed 50 flights of stairs or was walking in deep snow or deep mud, or all of the above, LOL. That leg stuff seemed to ease some about 3 weeks after it started but I still have some of it, just not like I am dragging extremely painful, fatigued legs around. (I am now in week 13 of treatment.) I thought I would be stuck with it until treatment ended so I am happy to see it is easing some. I have not really found anything that helps it other than to sit down a lot and not move the legs, LOL. I don't think Tylenol even phased that side effect.

Hopefully yours will ease up soon. If you find anything that helps, let us know.
Thanks. hopefully it will ease up.it just seems to be one thing after another
I also have had HORRIBLE pain in my legs and hips!!! To the point the other night I was out of my mind in pain. I have found ice packs help a ton!!! Heat not so good. Stinks but I really cant complain I am on SOC week 12 shot tomorrow and I am half way there. But the leg pain is unbearable. I was christmas shopping the other day and dropped something on the floor at a store and couldnt bend down to pick it up. Felt like an old lady :( not good but gonna get better. Chin up, this will pass. :)
When I was on SOC I had bad leg pain also.  I found extra strength tylenol very effective, but, check with your dr. about the proper dosage. 500 - 1000 mg did the trick for me.