help I was diagonised 10 years ago
I was diagnosed ten years ago with hep c due to a blood transfusion what can I expect?
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Lots of people live their whole lives without knowing they ever have Hepatitis C (HCV). So what to expect is a broad question depending on what you want. 10 years is a long time. You might want to make an appointment with a specialist (A Gastroenterologist or a Hepatologist) and find out what your Genotype and Viral Load is. This is just all so you have more info about the extent of your condition.

Depending on the results of the other tests, ultimately (like sooner or later) you might want to have a liver biopsy so you know just how healthy your liver is. This is all a lot to take in but the idea is to be as fully informed about your health and your Hepatitis so have enough knowledge to make an informed decision about what to do. That way you will better know what to expect.

This is just the way I see it. As I said your question is rather broad. Good luck whatever you decide.
Hi Scared (aren't we all), as Idyllic said, your question is pretty broad and the answer would depend on a whole lot of data that we don't have. There are a number of different genotypes of the virus, and every body responds differently too. You can use my history as one example, but I don't think you could really expect to follow the same path, as there are too many variables  I got Hep C from a transfusion 28 years ago. The infection was discovered 2 years later when I was trying to find out why I suddenly developed very painful joints. My liver handled the virus fairly well for the first 20 years and then began deteriorating more rapidly. I was diagnosed with cirrhosis in 2005. So far my liver is still compensating (performing all of its essential functions more or less acceptably). I've failed two earlier treatments and am now responding well to my third attempt.

If you poke around on this forum you will get a lot of background info on how the virus has affected other people too, but none of this will really tell you what YOU can expect. A good hepatologist probably can't even tell you for certain, but would at least come closer to reality. If you've already had a thorough work up and want to post a more specific question along with some of your stats, there are some extremely knowledgeable hep C patients on this forum! Good luck!
ceanothus makes a good point. I was diagnosed back in 2003 (9 years ago) and I didn't treat until 2007. It didn't work out so I am treating again. With me personally, I have had no side effects whatsoever since most people don't. I guess the main thing is no matter what you decide the only thing I would strongly encourage you to do is to quit drinking alcohol (if you drink, that is :)
Everyone is different. I had HCV for 37 years before I was diagnosed just this January. It was only within the last couple of years I started having some weird issues. Like bad joint pain, increased bruising/bleeding, horrible digestive issues. I mean I had other little symptoms that I know now were from the HCV. I have always eaten well. lots of fruit and veggies, very little processed food and so on. Then both my parents were diagnosed with cancer two years ago, I was in a horrible accident, then my parents passed away. I wasn't taking care of myself during that time and was always stressed. I think it made my liver deteriorate faster. My viral load at diagnosis was only 14000. I have not had a liver biopsy, but my Dr felt it was not neccessary. Where I'm going with this is everyone is different and I think it matters how you treat your body, so def see a Dr and have tests done, especially a biopsy. I am probably going to after I finish treatment. I just want to know.