Hepatitis C Community
hep a,b,c

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hep a,b,c

My husband just have been tested positive for hep.a,b,c.It is that possible?  I googled it but I find nothing like that.He is a baby boomer and because of his job he is tested every year.This time the level of liver enzymes was too high and the doctor ask for additional test.We are shock.
Tags: hep a, b, hep c
Yes it is possible to be tested for Hepatitis virus A,B,C at the same time. Of course it would be rare to have more then one of these types.

Not to worry, many things can cause above normal LFT's, i.e. drinking alcohol close to when test was done, medications, etc.

best of luck
Maybe tested positive for anti- bodies.  Did he get A & B vaccinations?
          my dr tests everyone with elevated lft for A,B and C.  i tested reactive to all 3 antibodies.  this is not rare.  hep B among adults clears on its own in 95% of infections.  i had gammaglobulin shot in 1985 for hep a outbreak in restaurant my wife worked for.  i never knew i was exposed to any of the 3.      barry
No,he did not get any vaccinations.He have every year blood check,because he have high blood pressure .He do not drink or use drugs but smoke 2 cigars every day.
Sorry for my ignorance ,but in the end do you have any active virus from all 3?
            yes!   hep c became active, been over 40+ years
Please read my post again. I wrote it would be rare to have more then one of the viruses at the same time. Not the antibody but active virus. The reason this would be rare is if you had Hep C along with A or B you would probably be dead!
            i agree