Hepatitis C Community
hep c 11

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hep c 11

my fiancee said his hep c test was a 11 what does that mean. he said it should of been 1 or 1.5?  help
Tags: hep c
Without additional info, it sounds as though the ‘11’ is an HCV antibody test result. If so, further testing will be required to determine whether actual virus is present; antibody testing confirms previous exposure, but not presence of RNA virus.

The next test will most likely be the ‘HCV RNA by PCR’ test; this checks for active infection.

He should consult with his doctor for follow up testing,

Bill
if his antibody test result was an 11 like bill said he needs a PCR test. But I can tell you that 11 is high and the chances he doesn't have HCV is only 5%
i know everyone is trying to help me he said 11, then he said 79/167 in june then he said 94/190 in july. i have trouble on this site, i am not good online
LOL, you’re doing OK; just select one of the posts you’ve started, then stay with it. Try scrolling to the bottom of the post, and clicking on the green “post comment” button; this will allow you to comment on your own thread.

If you have any more questions, ask; and someone will help. Good luck, you’ll get the hang of it soon,

Bill
Hi there!

On a different post, you said your fiance's viral load is eleven million. Is that right?

(November 24, http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-Social/viral-load-11-million/show/1110686?personal_page_id=873442&post_id=post_5115127)

If so, then he does have Hepatitis C (HCV). This is a shocker to you both (we've all been there) but HCV is usually a very slow moving disease, related to the liver. I had it for over forty years and my husband never did.  

It's the eleven million number that tells you for sure he has hepatitis C.

(Viral load can fluctuate up and down, by the way, depending on other things.)

The numbers you asked about on your other threads look like his liver function test results. He should ask his doctor for a hard copy of the lab results. Then look to the left of the numbers and see for yourselves what tests were done. Alcohol or medications can elevate those numbers, just so he knows.

Your fiancee needs to remain under the watchful eye of a liver doctor, learn more about his treatment choices and make a decision about what to do next.

Having a liver biopsy is probably his next best move, depending on his genotype. (Genotype is another piece of important info that is tucked away in his doctor's file, so make sure your fiance asks him for that hard copy.)

And he should probably get vaccinated for Hepatitis A and B.

Both of you can check out these other great sites:

http://www.janis7hepc.com/
http://www.hcvadvocate.org/

This is my first forum, too and it's confusing when you start out. It's easier to keep things in one 'thread' when it's about the same topic, that is, scroll down and  add to your question at the bottom, then hit the little, green rectangular POST COMMENT box.

You've already made a good start.

P.S. If you're wondering about your own risk, there's lots of info here. Generally, sexual transmission is very, very low but do read up about the risks. You should not share common household grooming items, although most of us have, without consequences to our partners or children. You may want to get tested.

Gotta run - shopping!

Oops, did I repeat what Bill already said about the little green box?

i did get tested and i am negative, non reactive.   he must of gotten this throiugh a blood transfussion in 1982, thats why i wonder how bad it is and he shows signs, ithching, bowels, urinating a lot, moody, forgetful, and round belly, and tired then achy. i don't know if this is just from so much alcohol abuse or bloodtransfusuion, or hep c, it kinda all links together, i just wanted him to get the right results and he doesn't know how. he doesn't even understnad BP. he told me his was 90/190. i told him he isn't human then, he siad he is not OMG  thanks:B
HI Portann,

Just curious why you said......

"Having a liver biopsy is probably his next best move, depending on his genotype".

Why would GT be a factor in deciding whether or not to have a biopsy?

Sincerely, Toa