Hepatitis C Community
hep c 1a

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hep c 1a

Its 4am I am scared, I got Geochemistry when I was 17 after being in a car accident that left my husband dead,I am 50 now and just found out yesterday that I am type 1a ,I suffer from depression. Is there any docs that will treat me? Its 3 meds s shot. Of interferon an 2 different pills 6 months or 48 weeks. My viral load is 1 million. And I plural effusion in left lung.....please help. I am so fatiqued...am not deppressed. Just affraid....

Welcome to the forum.
Do you know the condition of your liver? If you are stge 1 or 2 you may be able to delay treatment for TX drugs that will be a lot easier on you in terms of side effects. For 1a it will likely be a few years.
The only way to determine your treatment options is to see a hepatologist or a GI who is very experienced with HCV and have the tests to determine the condition of your liver.
If you do triple therapy, you should start anti-depressants beforehand and make sure your Dr. and staff are responsive (they answer your calls/emails promptly, take your complaints seriously and are proactive in treating sx)
I understand your fear but you need to move past it and take your health in hand. The scariest thing is the damage this virus can do to your body, so get ready for a hell of a fight and make sure you have a supportive team behind you.
All the best to you
Rivil has given you great advice.  Yes, I did the Incivek, Peg and Riba, I am clear of the virus.
Like Rivil said you need to find a hepatologist and get more information on the health of your liver.
If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
We were all scared at first.  It took me 3 months to be able to talk about my diagnosis without crying.  The brain will adjust to this information.  When you were given your type were you given your viral load?
Try to find a good doctor.  Keep in touch