Hepatitis C Community
hep c accidentally swallowing blood
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hep c accidentally swallowing blood

hi a person i work with today drank out of my water bottle and she didn't tell me until after i drank some. she had chapped lips which were bleeding earlier. would the stomach acids and digestive tract kill the hep c virus if i swallowed some of her blood from the water bottle?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HCV is a blood to blood disease,I havent seen one documented case where one had chapped lips and transmitted the disease to another,even if one were "making out" my wife and I been married a long time I had hep unknown she's used my razors,toothbrush, sex at certain times of the month,you name it,she  is negative for antibodies not even a sign of being ever exposed.so my answer would be no highly unlikely, remember blood to blood,not blood to secretions,blood to fluids, blood to stomach acids  . . Hep C is a blood to blood disease. You will not get hep C from swallowing blood the way you described You are worrying about something that is not worth worrying about...
Blank
     i remember when i was 1st dx, i read dr eversons book for just diagnosed.  he said, "digestive enzymes inactivate the virus"
barry
Blank
i agree with above i to have shared hubbys razor tooth brush etc when he was diagnosed i went for test even though i wasnt worried and i too came back negetive so please stop worrying
Blank
Need to get your story's the same...

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/local-freezing-done-on-surgery/show/2033501#post_9619025

"i also forgot too that i scratched my lip with my hand that he touched. if i swallow some particles of blood from my lip would my stomach acids or digestive system kiil the hep c virus?"

"i did post in the hep c forum vance and i'm not getting any response."

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/hep-c-accidentally-swallowing-blood/show/2034750
-------------------------------------------------
Which was it your doctor or a water bottle???
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...