Aa
A
A
Close
hep c accidentally swallowing blood
hi a person i work with today drank out of my water bottle and she didn't tell me until after i drank some. she had chapped lips which were bleeding earlier. would the stomach acids and digestive tract kill the hep c virus if i swallowed some of her blood from the water bottle?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
HCV is a blood to blood disease,I havent seen one documented case where one had chapped lips and transmitted the disease to another,even if one were "making out" my wife and I been married a long time I had hep unknown she's used my razors,toothbrush, sex at certain times of the month,you name it,she  is negative for antibodies not even a sign of being ever exposed.so my answer would be no highly unlikely, remember blood to blood,not blood to secretions,blood to fluids, blood to stomach acids  . . Hep C is a blood to blood disease. You will not get hep C from swallowing blood the way you described You are worrying about something that is not worth worrying about...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
     i remember when i was 1st dx, i read dr eversons book for just diagnosed.  he said, "digestive enzymes inactivate the virus"
barry
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i agree with above i to have shared hubbys razor tooth brush etc when he was diagnosed i went for test even though i wasnt worried and i too came back negetive so please stop worrying
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Need to get your story's the same...

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/local-freezing-done-on-surgery/show/2033501#post_9619025

"i also forgot too that i scratched my lip with my hand that he touched. if i swallow some particles of blood from my lip would my stomach acids or digestive system kiil the hep c virus?"

"i did post in the hep c forum vance and i'm not getting any response."

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/hep-c-accidentally-swallowing-blood/show/2034750
-------------------------------------------------
Which was it your doctor or a water bottle???
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
hep c accidentally swallowing blood
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Delawarewallflower is ... Comment
3 hrs ago
Blank
susan400 Just diagnosed w/Graves..st... Comment
8 hrs ago