Hepatitis C Community
hep c and hypoglycemia
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hep c and hypoglycemia

I have hep c and recently diagnosed woith hypoglycemia im very scared what will happen to me

TY KRISTINE SMITH
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1451948_tn?1285034640
umm iim suree iit will be fine just get some tablets from the doctors and iim suree it shall all be fiine soon enough :D <3 Tori xx
Blank
1225178_tn?1318984204
Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar, which can be controlled pretty easily with dietary adjustments. Your doctor will probably give you a diet to follow and that part should be fine... as long as you stick to the diet.

Do you know any of the details about your hep c? Genotype? Years infected? Biopsy results?

There is treatment if necessary, but I can't tell you much based on what you posted.

Diane
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
Blood sugar abnormalities are not uncommon with hep C.  Yes, there are meds to help contol it somewhat.  But, the continuing effort is based on diet, exercise, weight control. Personally, I am not yet convinced that successfully getting rid of HCV means that insulin resistence , high blood sugar and diabetes type 2 go away.  Diabetes type 2, I believe, will be an ongoing issue beyond HCV with possibly even more insidious ramifications than HCV.  Good luck.
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
I read Hypo and it brain-registered as Hyper. Nevermind....
Blank
568322_tn?1370169040
Hypoglycemia is a sign of having insulin resistance...meaning that you become insensitive to insulin.  So the pancreas produces l;arger amounts of insulin to be able to keep your blood sugar under control and ends up producing too much....which causes low blood sugar.

Eventually the pancreas gets tired and can't continue the fast pace and it slows down...your blood sugar goes up ...until it's high enough to give you a diagnosis of diabetes.  

Learn about insulin resistance...because it's associated with faster liver damage progression, high viral load and treatment non-response.

Co
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank