hep c and infertility??
hi, im in my mid 20s i had an abortion more then a year ago now, as a result of that i contracted hep c from the anesth. Doctor that was in my surgery. I was wondering if all of this could be causing or has caused infertility. Doctors wont give me an answer without the funky medical terms lol just need a simple yes or no, i have my period monthly its very spot on id say like clock work. Just wanted to know if anyone else has been threw something similar and how they went about dealing with this.Thanks
Most likely your HCV infection has nothing to do with your infertility. Infertility can be caused by so many factors (including both male and female), and HCV is not one of them. My advice would be to seek treatment for your HCV infection first, then try to figure out causes of your infertility and seek assistance if needed. Did you know that medical procedures like abortions often could cause female infertility too? However, only infertility specialist would be able to find real causes of your infertility problems. Hepatitis C would not be a major player here. The only reason why couples undergoing fertility treatment are being tested for HCV is to provide them with counseling about the disease and 5% risk of its vertical transmission to their future child(ren).
"as a result of that i contracted hep c from the anesth.  Doctor that was in my surgery.

Very odd, why do you say that?  Anesthesia doesn't cause hepatitis c.  If you were exposed to hepc because the anesthesiologist had hepc and somehow transmitted it to you and can prove it I suspect you have a good lawsuit on your hands.

Trinity

unfortunantly im just one of 40 woman that did contract it from him dont know how as yet check it out on google croydon day surgery hep c melbourne.
Dang that's a xxxxxxx up way to get infected!  No doubt that doctor had some deep seated issues going on prior to becoming a doctor and an addict!!  Definitely a case for a town hall hanging!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/hepatitis-c-outbreak-linked-to-croydon-day-surgery-anaesthetist/story-e6frf7jo-1225873731458

Wow,  sorry that happened kaydei.  That s-u-c-ks so bad.  I hope they fry him.

Trinity
Yikes, sorry that happened to you.  

A couple of weeks ago it was in the paper that a local hospital would be contacting everyone that had an endoscope would be contacted due to improper cleaning procedures since 2004.  Glad mine was somewhere different especially since I had reached SVR.  

Good Luck
Denise
There are so many different reasons for infertility, I think some are of the unknown category, its like a lot of things you can say yes this is why, but so many others are unknown.