hep c and lung infection
I was in the hospital in august with a 103 fever that turned into a condition called boop lung infection has anyone else here had that before? ive been reading online about it and it is not common but does happen, instead of inflamation to liver the hep c inflames the lungs, causing fibrosis in the lungs, this is what happen to me according to one doctor, also have psoriatic arthiritis for 10 years, I read an article that said the hep c being an immune system disease can cause all these complications, just wondering if anyone else experience this.
Someone on another forum mentioned that he developed interstitial pneumonia after being on combo treatment for a few months - he was in bad shape and had to go off of treatment.   I think Hep C does leave you open for infections - I do know that mycoplasma has a lot to do with it too.  It seems to depend on the shape of your immune system, underlying other disorders and other viruses.

A lot of hep c folks also have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity - there are cases of "silent celiac disease" occuring during interferon treatment.  Avoiding wheat has been shown to help most autoimmune disorders and psoriatic arthritis - just google it "psoriatic arthritis and gluten".

Good luck!