Hepatitis C Community
hep c and my dog and husband

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hep c and my dog and husband

My mother in law lived with us till her death this Feb. 2008. My question is our family dog use to lick her and would eat her underwears. I was just wondering if my dog could get hep c. Also because our dog bite my husband playing around and he drew blood. So my husband is worried maybe he has hep c
If your husband starts trying to eat your underwears, I would get him tested right away.

NO NO NO NO NO  Your dog can't get hep c.  Unless the dog bit her (rest her soul) and had blood on his teeth and then bit your husband immediated after and transferred that blood directly into that open wound than maybe possible but very unlikely.  Hepc is transferred from blood to blood contact.  The risk of contracting it by the method you indicated as in the dog having hepc from licking and chewing underwear is non existent.    Tell him to get tested if he wants piece of mind.  Whew - go figure
Trinity
Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

I wouldn't think so...

But I don't know about cross contams with animals - especially of dog type.

My suggestion is to go get a Hepatitis Panel for everyone in the family --- just because EVERYONE should get one every 2 years...

Then keep testing every 2 years - just to keep your family safe... Not from the dog, mind you... However, but because I believe EVERYONE should get a panel done --- and everyone should get innoculated for HEP B.

You didn't say if your Mother In Law had HEPC.

Meki
Thank you for that...!  :-)
I asked my Dr. about this because my dog will get into the trash durring my cycle.  So that time of month I try to remimber to keep my bath room door closed.  But one day I forgot.  So the dog did come into contact with my blood.  But according to my Dr. dogs can not catch it.  I also did a search on line and could not find anything that says they can get it.
That.......was.......FUNNY!!!
I can not stop laughing...My co-workers are trying to figure out what is wrong with me...Good Lord!  I needed that laugh!
Thank you!
It wasn't the underware -- it was UNDERWEARS....

Sigh.. sniffle - chortle - giggle..

But a legitimate question...

(ps. I once had a pomeranian that ATE my bras... I dunno why --- I think the elastic was chewy or something... I could hide them in drawers and the dang dog found them... Dog went to go live with someone else... I couldn't afford to buy new bras every day... I don't think the dog gave me the HCV though... Hmmmm... Bras, dogs... Underwears and HCV... Wow... OK... weird correlation.)
Could hardly help it.  There is a *goldmine* of material there.  My backspace key was working overtime.  
trish :  pity, what a loss ..next time I hope your backspace key gets stuck.  And I detect more concern for the  dog than the husband, a common trend as best  I can tell.
LOL. Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes.
I cannot believe that my internet was down all day yesterday, they had to change the station and it took all day. Just see what I missed! It's great thing to wake up to this morning!  Love your humor!

Marcia

Now, now ... there are a number of women on this forum who are here seeking out information to help their partners and trying their best to support them.  That ought to be at least a little encouraging...yes?  :)

I do notice more men feeling such as you've intimated and that's a pity.  None too happy about the way the pendulum is swinging....I've always noticed that when the powerless become empowered, there is a tendency to overpower the once powerful without realizing they're doing the same to others that they once fought to free themselves from.  That has always been a rather tragic irony to me but seems to be a constant reality throughout history.

Now look what you've done.. made the girl go all serious.  :)  Nah .. not really.  There's still a few REALLY good jokes dying to come out here but they're not suitable for "print".  :)

Take care.

Trish
I think that if slick was to put some melody behind that story it may be a Country & Western hit in the making.
flguy: nah, it's close but missing a few essential ingredients. Now if the husband develops a drinking problem after she runs off with the dog and takes all his underwear there might  be a chance

trish: sheesh - one passing remark about the dog and I get a whole lecture on female empowerment...will have to be more careful in the future. But I have to admit that the number of posts from guys concerned about their significant others (two or four-legged) is kinda skimpy.
I love my dog and I don't care cause it ate my mamma-in-law's underwear
It's cute and fluffy and pretty as can be
But it licked the old man and mighta give him hepc
Just a wonderin what I can do to make it all better
Guess I'll get on that board and talk to them heppers.

Here's the lyrics-just need a tune
That wasn't any lecture on female empowerment and not even close. It wasn't even a lecture. If you take a second look without the tinted glasses on, you'll see that it's actually an admittance that women have taken things too far the other way from their days of being oppressed.

The comment about the number of women in here seeking to support their spouses was really to say that there ARE women who treat their husbands/partners with importance PERIOD, not to say that women are superior to men because there are more female spouses than male ones here looking for ways to support their partners.

To be fair to men, they're different personalities than women and women and their way of supporting their spouse will differ. Not that they care less, they will demonstrate that in other ways.  So perhaps you will see men show support in other ways than showing up in forums asking for information to be able to help their spouses.  That's my thinking anyway.

Man.. this time you really DID make the girl go all serious!!
>That wasn't any lecture on female empowerment and not even close
uh..
> not to say that women are superior to men
..ehm..
>this time you really DID make the girl go all serious!
phew!
Sigh...throw out a little extraneous comment on a thought floating through my head and I get the likes of "geez, you think too much Trish .. " story of my life ....

Hey.. Willing ... have you heard the one about the dog that gives a licking and keeps on ticking?  They call him Ole Yeller. ;->