Hepatitis C Community
hep c infection

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hep c infection

hi doctor.
I tested twice for hep c. once in january 23rd 2012 and it was negative.and second one was on march 20 and the result was interminate. my elisa test was low reactive and they did riba test  and it was positive.

I started having painfull urantion 10 days before the seconde testing for hep c  and the nurse said i might have ghoneria and chlemedia and she suggested to test for hep c.

I did the second hep c test at home.i collected my blood and sent it to the lab.its the only fda home approved self test kit for hep c.i ricived the result 10 days later and it was interminate.

ghoneria was negative and i did these test in clinic  but i took 10 days of antibiotic and now the burning sensation is gone.

so i am freaking out right now .the counsoular on the phone told me that interminate result means that iam turning from negative to positive.she sugested to do a RNA test to find out or wait for 1 month and then retest agian for elisa and riba.

i have to mention the second test i did was FDA home approved test kit and i did this before and its pretty relaible.
my question are.
1- how much is the chance that i turn positive?
2-should i start a treatment when i diagnosed.i heard the chance of clearing the virus is very high in early stages.

3-how long is the life expectancy with hep c.can i live a full life.?

thanks doctor.

Tags: hep c
No doctors here.  Just people living with HCV.

You should do the PCR test.  Then you will know.  Until you do this test and receive the result, there's nothing else you can do.

1 - Nobody here can answer that question.  Getting tested is the only way to receive an answer.
2 - There is no sense worrying about treatment until you know whether or not you have the disease.
3 - Variable depending on health of the liver.