hep c new treatment.
I have had ribavirin and the peg-interferon treatment and it was stopped by my liver specialist after three months because i was not responding to treatment(hep c genotype 1) have now been told that the newer drugs are very expensive therfore im now having to wait six months for my next consultation.After not responding  to the treatment on the first occasion is there much hope for a second better response.
I will say the new drugs that are out seen to be having great success with non responders and people who relapse so YES !!!
I was a relapser and retreated with Incevik and and am Undetectable at week12.
Now on week 15 Int/Riba and feeling good
You said you were genotype 1 but are you a/b ??
Why didn't you go on triple therapy?
Thanks for replying im based in the uk and the only treatment ive had up to this present time was in dec 2010 roughly.This consisted of peginterferon alfa-2a sub cutaneous pre-filled injections one per week combined with one per day oral ribavirin 1000mg which my liver specialist stopped after 12wks because of insufficient viral load not dropping enough.Have spoken to hector sf and im going to put some more data up for him when i can find the relevant information.Sorry about my ignorance but my liver consultant has never spoke to me about triple therapy for my cirhsosis,scar tissue or the nodules that they found on my last liver biopsy that was done.So at present im a non-responder to the above medication/treatment ive had blood tests recently and have also met with my consultant and now awaiting ultrasound scan.But its also been proposed to me by my consultant to have the chance of treatment not trials of the newer hep c genotype 1 anti-viral drugs that have recently come to light.Thanks col135.
Thanks for reply,to your question about  the a or b ive never been told that been told its hep c virus genotype 1 and therefore because  its geno 1 its more difficult to treat and success rate is lower.Thanks col135.
Hello,looking at all the different comments on various hep c forums triple therapy will probaly be the next step for me combining the standard peginterferon/ribavirin with a newer drug but im unaware of which new type its going to be at present until ive spoken more to my consultant.Thanks Again col135.
Hello just recently been to barts hospital london to see a viral heptolagist to look at the standard tx and telaprivir so making it triple therapy,has to be approved by my local health authority to fund the costs of tx.So at last im getting somewhere hopefully im aware of all the adverse side effects on telaprivir and not looking forward to the problems.Will keep updating as i go along the path of tx.Thanks Always Col.
Sounds like things are looking up for you! Will keep fingers crossed that your local will approve this treatment for you!
Quick update off to barts hospital london on 11th sept to have baseline blood samples done and mri and other body scans.As far as treatment its looking like telaprivir plus rib/interferon,told that it will consist of 48wks split into 12wks then the remainder of 36wks.One big problem for me is low platelets/white cell count im hoping they can do there best to manage side effects,good news to be accepted for the trials.All the very best .Col.
I am glad to hear that you are close to starting treatment. All of you research, work, patience, and perseverance paid off. Best of luck with treatment.
Thanks a lot for your kind response im hoping all goes well when my treatment starts will keep updating.Thanks to all ive spoke to and all the besy in the future.Col.