Hepatitis C Community
hep c tx

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hep c tx

Can you work full time while on Telaprevir,interferon,ribivirin treatment?
I found it impossible to work while I was on all three medications. Besides, I had complications. My Hgb dropped to danger zone.. I was very week and struggled with eating fat with Telaprevir.  
As soon as I was done with Telaprevir, I felt lot better and went back to work that week. It is still hard, I feel exhausted at the end of the day, but it is also keeps me busy and makes time go fast. Time went very slow first 12 weeks of treatment.
But everybody is different, some people work at two jobs while on treatment.
Good luck to you  
Some can. It depends partially on the work and partially how you respond to treatment.
It's better to take the time off if possible.
My husband worked full time throughout three treatments.  He did miss a day or two in week 12 when he was anemic.  He felt better after week 12, being done with Incivek.
Advocate1955
Have you had a liver biopsy yet? I ask because your liver condition might play a role in how sick you get from the treatment. That, and your age. Those of us who are older and have cirrhosis have mostly experienced more severe side effects, and it seems as if most of the people who have breezed through treatment with little difficulty were younger and with little-to-no liver damage. These are just my impressions from t my own treatments and from talking to others on the forum (I don't have any data to show).