hep c tx
im on my 4th week of tx . interferon/ribivirin and sovaldi .  dr  gave me vicoprophen for myalgia. other dr gave 10 mg valium 3x day for anxiety. is  the valium safe for my liver and the liver dr didnt do a liver biopsy before starting tx . is that normal? thanx for any answers!
It says, Valium is contraindicated in severe liver insufficiency. I used to love Valium- back in my wild days. The down side is- I enjoyed sleeping on it so much- I would take 3 naps a day. 10 mg is a dose they give for minor surgery sedation. 3 times a day is sufficient dose to feel it and be sleepy. Be aware that Valium may cause seizure in healthy person that never had seizures if you take it regularly and then abruptly stop or miss the dose. It is lovely drug, very mellow, if this is a state you want to be in. It also has pretty low toxicity profile in the sense that it does not cause sudden overdose, like opioids. I have seen people taking 10 pills at a time and survive. But it is VERY VERY addictive. It will mass up your sleep pattern. If you take it on a regular basis, you will probably develop sleeping problem later.

vicoprophen is a codeine based opioid with Ibuprophen. Read the insert for contraindications. It has cardiac risk and respiratory suppression risk. Its action will be increased by Valium. If you starting a drug addict career, it is perfect combination for advanced use. If you regular person with everyday job, and not interested in being high all the time- I would not go for it. I would specially not do it when I am on hep C treatment. They are serious drugs, it will get you confused.  
what about not having a liver biopsy befor starting the tx for hep c
?
so not safe to take v alium with liver imparement due to hep c? why did doc prescribe it knowing i have hep c and am undergoing tx?
The key words were "severe liver insufficiency". Do you have insufficiency?

I would not take anything with Hep C treatment, unless I absolutely have to. I do not know how bad your anxiety or pain is. The less medications you take the better.