pls note that i am neihter a physician nor hep expert.
but here my opinion:
- your positive (=reactive) HBV surface antigen result indicates present infection with Hepatitis B (=HBV)
- however, your positive HBV surface antibody result indicates that you seem to be mounting immune response to HBV
it might be that you are in an acute infection and might recover. (did you have a risk recently?). The chances of recovery from HBV are VERY high, and your antibody response is quite encouraging (as far as i know, chronic HBV carriers usually do not have those protective surface antibodies)
So, to determine for sure what is going on you need to do the following
* consult Hepatologist or infectious disease doctor.
* he/she might order additional tests:
- HBV core antigen and antibody tests (core antigen needs to go down!)
- HBV-e antigen and antibody tests (e-antigen needs to go down!)
- HBV DNA test (viral load, needs to go down as well)
- exact level of your HBV surface titer. If it is higher than 1000, you'll be immune against Hep-B.
in case you are in acute stage, i wish you a speedy recovery. In case it becomes chronic, be assured that there is good treatment available, and make sure that you get a good hepatologist. --> So, try to relax and follow doctors orders.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.