Hepatitis C Community
hepatitis c and drug use

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hepatitis c and drug use

how does using meth affect hep c? how does marijuana affect hep c?
Drugs you take effect your liver.  if you have Hepatitis C then you should make some life changes.  Like not  putting things in your body that aren't
good for health.  
i was thinking of trying medical marijuana.
There are lots of pros and cons about medical marijuana.  Are you planning are treating your Hepatitis C?  Like I said before...drugs effect your liver.  

Were you going to try medical meth also?
I do not know about meth, you can always google "Meth and HCV" or Meth and liver disease. I am not interested enough in the subject to look it up for you.
Marijuana used in a vaporizer or as an edible, *might* be okay, but as long as you have the virus attacking your liver, you really ought to consider treating for HCV.
I am a strong proponent of medical marijuana to get through treatment. It is likely easier on your liver than OTC pain relievers and for me helped with anxiety and insomnia.
my doctor ok'd me to use medical marijuana when i was on tx.  it really helped with the aches after the interferon shot.  don't what anything to do with meth.  it's poison!!!  belle
  Alcohol is specifically horrible, for Hep C, and so is Tylenol and even too much Ibuprofen.  Most drugs are processed through the liver.  
   There are actually at least 50 home-made "recipes" for meth, and shooting it  is dangerous, it could be anything.  
   I think if I were you, I would quit the meth first, and you could use marajuana as a substitute,if it helps your depression :)
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
JCB1606 cautiously optimistic Comment
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
May 26
Track your weight over time