Hepatitis C Community
high absolute neutrophils and wbc counts

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

my husband had blood work done, came back with absolute neutrophil count of 8147, wbc of 11.1, he is a long time drinker but other "liver function tests" have been normal. what do these elevated counts mean? the heart dr. that ordered bloodwork has not mentioned any problems with the results but i am concerned!! thank you
I just looked at my last CBC and the range for WBC is 4.8 - 10.8 so your husband is barely over the range.  Likewise the ANC range in  K/uL is 2.0 - 8.0 (or 2000 - 8000)  Thus your husband's counts are just barely over those ranges.  I don't think there is any reaso to concern, altho I am totally ignorant there.  Most of here on treatment would kill for those counts.  Our WBCs and ANC dorp drastically because of the interferon.

Good luck to you, but I don't think you need to worry.
I've been fighting low neutrophil count for about 12 weeks now. I'm taking Nupogen which works well with me. Janis and friends has a page the explains counts and meaning. I ran it off just to be able to keep up with conversation in here. When my Neutrophils drop I usually notice it in my back and breathing difficulties. Wishing you the best. Dale
I'm still with low WBC's, neuts, etc. But, my doctor keeps saying I'm not low enough to put on Neupogen.  He just tells me to avoid crowds, sick people, flying, etc.  It's sort of annoying to have to be so isolated, I'd rather him just give me the Neupogen so that I could go to church, visit people in the hospital, etc. etc. But, he called the other day again and said that I had to get my blood redrawn again because the counts were real low.

Susan
Sorry to break in. Has anyone experienced diagnosed Neuropathy on the interferon treatment?

Sandy
wbc 12.1     neutrophils absolute 7.9 and creative kinase  what should i be doing
My daughter has been sick for mos. weight loss of 25 ibs in 4 mos. she is 5 ft 4 and weights 103 lbs now. we just returned from the dr and her lab work came back and they called and wants her to see a cancer dr in the morning. they already made the appointment for her her labs: wbc 20.9 ferritin 574, Neutrophils 90, absolute neutrophils 18.8, monosite 1.3 bun 40, Cl 91, sed rate 28 lymphs 4,  what is going on. She is 25 yrs old and she has been in bed for over a week now....
Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about your daughter; I hope they find a problem that is easy to cure. This is a hepatitis forum; most of us are patients, not doctors, and are only familiar with the disease we’re dealing with. I hope everything works out for her—I wish you all the best of luck—

Bill