Hepatitis C Community
homeopathic cures for Hep C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

homeopathic cures for Hep C

I was diagnosed with hep c several months ago, went through the normal horror, and then found this board through the extensive info search that I'm sure we all go through. I then put myself back together, found I am type 3a, am looking into the LabCorp's Fibrosure test instead of biopsy, and got a hepatologist that I see next week to replace the disgusting monster GI that I had for a few months. I know now that a hepatologist is the way to go. Last year I felt pretty bad, fatigue etc, my viral lode was 1,050,000, AST 152 ALT 98 approx, and then started in on my homeopathic treatment.
My husband's doctor in Italy has treated many Hep C patients, and I was very willing to give it a try after reading about the horror stories of interferon. Some doctors in Europe (mine included) think our Hep C treatment here is not only useless but dangerous. He is even completely against live biopsy's.
I have been treating with homeopathic meds, unfortunately here we are brainwashed to believe that is all hocus pocus, but I'll tell you, my viral lode is now down to 119,000 AST 95  ALT 55, and I feel better than I ever have in my entire life.
I will know more later of coure as a few more months go by.
Homeopathic is scientifically proven, and it's just a shame that you never hear about this option here in the US, I know the traditional treatment here is big business so 'options' are
'dismissed' as not viable. Just wanted to put my homeopathic 2 cents in to see if there is anybody else out there that ever considered this route?
Am looking forward to my new Hep Dr 'reading' my ultra sound!
There is no such thing as a cure from homeopathic t reatments. NONE. Ever.

Liver enzymes can go up and down and up and down constantly - but it doesn't mean you are being cured...only interferon can do that - kill off the virus so it is not attacking you.

It's not really so bad and with it we have a good chance of really being cured.  For me a stage 3...that was all I needed to know.

If there was proof that even ONE person was EVER cured with homeopathic meds that would be a marvelous thing...but there is not.  If it were possible, we'd ALL be doing it. Believe me!
well my doctor that has cured about 30 people of hep c (I have seen test results) would be a little miffed to hear that.
sorry I did not clarify, 30 people over the past year.
my point is this. How DO we know that interferon is the ONLY way? You say that if there was another way you would all be doing it. How many people here have even heard of homeopathic cures? I am being 'open-minded', that is all. Giving it a try.
I believe it is possible or I would not be trying it.
Worse case scenario, I 'would' do the interferon if I had to.
I am trying this method first, and going from there.
I have a lot of respect for alternative medicine and try and keep an open mind. When we use the word "cure" here, we mean someone who tests negative to the hepatitis C virus six months after they stop treating. If your doctor indeed "cure" 30 people this year using homeopathic medicines, then yes, the word would be out -- big time -- to the medical community. What probably happened is that some of his patients had either a decreased viral load and/or normalized their liver enzymes. Both have happened to me -- and others -- using various approaches such as diet, herbs, etc (or sometimes just the natural flow of the virus) BUT this is NOT a cure.

So, if you don't have significant liver damage and want to try homeopathic medicine, or other alternative approaches, it's a reasonable approach as long as you monitor actual liver damage every 3-5 years with a needle biopsy, or at least blood marker tests like Fibrosure or the Fibroscan device. This is different from measuring the virus or liver enzymes because you can have a lot of liver damage and normal liver enyzmes (and low viral load) or you can have little liver damage with high liver enzynes and a high viral load.

Bottom line -- you need to periodically ascess liver damage with either biopsy or a biopsy substitute, not with liver enzyme or viral load testing. And -- if you want to *cure" yourself of the virus, you neeed to treat with interferon and ribavirin or perhaps another combination now in trial.

If your doctor is making "cure" claims, tell him to step forward and claim the Nobel prize. Becuase surely they would give it to him it were true. But it's not.

All the best,

-- Jim
Your Viral load flucuates, it is NOT a measure of liver damage.
Your AST/ALT show your liver is inflammed, your enzyme readings are high. An ultrasound can not detect liver damage unless it is extremely severe, it can not "see" fibrosis. So, you have high liver enzymes, you do not have a biopsy, so you are in the dark as to your liver condition. If possible try to get a Fibroscan of your liver if your doctor refuses you a biopsy. At least that way you can know your liver damage status.
It isn't as if "here" we aren't aware of homeopathy at all, the fact remains that you can not clear the virus with those methods,so here people use homeopathy as an adjunct to "real" therapy. Clearly some homeopatic remedies can HELP, but the can not accomplish the real deed, which is to eliminate the virus. If it was true that your doctor had clear PCR's of patients who did not use Interferon, it would be major news. Lots of people make these claims, but when it comes down to real, hard evidence, like PCR DNA proof of this happening, no one can supply it. No one should judge how well they are coping with this disease based on viral load numbers alone.

Dont know where you get the idea people don't treat in Europe, lots and lost of people do use Interferon in Europe.
I went through 15 weeks of peginferon treatment and did not respond. The side effects were brutal but with a 50% chance to see if you can clear after 12 weeks, it was worth to me to give it a shot. My experience left me with the feeling that this drug is a
janedoe2

Homeopathic methods may help decrease inflammation but will not cure hep c. If Homeopathic methods did cure hep c the drug companies would prove it put it in a pill form for a consistent dose and make lots of money.

If the methods worked the insurance companies would not pay for the SOC TX use the homeopathic methods to save lots of money.

We are all waiting for the cure and really don
it is good that you are treating your body healthier and your system responds to the TLC, but normal or lower enzymes is not a cure for hep c.  What tests did he show you? viral load tests or liver panel tests?  if he showed you viral load PCRs taken before and after tx with homeopathic drugs, and the after is negative, then how is it that he has not presented his cure in a liver conference?  He should be out there touting the miracle at every conference.  If what he is showing is normalizing enzymes reading, that can happen with just better care of our bodies and is not proof of cure, or even that there is no more inflammation.
feeling better is great, but don't fool yourself into believing that you have found the answer and somehow we all missed it.\
take care

we had a member here, veggiedip who went your route only to come back dissappointed a few months later.  Be prepared for anything.
JaneDoe said: sorry I did not clarify, 30 people over the past year.

Please..............if he can prove just ONE person has been CURED of hepatitis C from using herbs - have him written up on the front page of the new york times and let all the drug companies know they can stop the research.

You have to understand - if there was such an easy cure don't you think we'd all know about it and not be doing a year (me - 72 weeks a year and a half) of combo treatment?

While I'm sure herbs and homeo things can make you feel well and be a positive thing for your health...........there is no way that it kills of the virus and prevents it from every coming back.

Veggie REALLY believed that it would work for her...and instead she got much WORSE.

If you don't have liver damage of any kind and have time to play around then it's no big deal. But it's quite different for people who don't have time to wait when they hear things like "miracle hepC cure found in grape leaves" or something and they think it's valid.

There is NO cure to be found except from Interferon.

None. Zero. Zip.

I would like to represent the hard line.
Homeopathy is a disgraceful quack disipline and has never demonstrated any kind of results in double blind clinical tests for any medical condition
It survives on the usual anecdotal tittle tattle and the naivete of people who,understandbly,desperately want to believe that there is a better way.
Chronic hepatitis C is a robust and resourceful virus which at the present time can only be knocked down by the heroic intervention of those two filthy drugs ,interferon and ribavirin,both of which have been my unwelcome companions for a long time.
During the long years of disease progression people do have time to dabble with pseudo remedies and to enjoy a period of self delusion-it probably does no harm.
My concern is that people who should be treating with the combo do not do so because they are persuaded by a load of guff on the internet to delay treatment and spend money with the numerous quacks who dispense 'information' that cannot withstand even the slightest scientific scrutiny.
i believe that herbs/vitamins can help but no way cure HCV. can you post here with what you are presently taking? good luck with your upcoming tests.
I don't have a lot of patience (in fact none) with someone claiming curing HCV with homeopathic meds.  Like everyone else has said, it just ain't so.  I think it's dangerous to try to lead anyone with Hep C to believe there is a cure with that stuff.  Your doctor is a liar.  I don't care how miffed he is.  Sorry.
From the story you tell, it seems like the doctor is a good man and believes what he says. Problem is that Hep C is a very fast moving field and what may have been termed "cured" in your doctor's heyday, isn't necessarily called "cured" today. Now, we have sensitive tests that measure viral load. Before they often just looked at liver enzymnes and I'm pretty sure that is what your doctor is doing. Bottom line, why rely on just what one doctor is saying? You've heard the comments here, so my suggestion is to do some independent research (not on homeopathic sites or any site where they *sell* something) and/or see a liver specialist. They're called hepatologists and are found at your larger, teaching hospitals. I'm convinced they will tell you what we're telling you, but always best to hear it from the source.

All the best,

-- Jim
I am with everyone else.  I have had some experience with homeopathy.  When I first got sick 2 years ago, after ruling out other bad diseases (but not testing me for Hep C) I was referred to a Rheumatologist who dx me with Fibromyalgia.  I was then referred to a respectable Mind/Body Institute which is part of a large hospital system that specializes in assisting patients with chronic illnesses when the doctors are limited in what they can do.  The doctor at the institute (and he is a practicing MD) understands that homeopathic medicine can help chronic patients FEEL better but it is not a cure.

So he prescribed for me a host of herbs and supplements to help with certain things (especially in the area of liver support because of medications I was taking), massage, hydrotherapy, exposing myself to the sun 30 minutes each day, meditation, yoga, etc.  Now I did all of those things for a very long time, but I NEVER felt better, I just kept getting sicker.

I stopped using all of the herbs and supplements because I couldn't afford them anymore and never saw a difference.  By happenstance, I donated blood and found out about the Hep C.  It was a no brainer for me to start tx. I feel better now on tx than I have over the past 2 years.

I am a firm believer in the mind/body connection and believe homeopathic medicine has its place - just not with Hep C.

I am grateful for all of your feedback.
And I understand what you are all saying and how you feel.
I am going to dig even deeper, ask more specific questions, the posts helped me understand what to ask and what to confirm,  and I will get specifics.
The country is Italy, the doctor is almost 80, he has been my husband's family doctor for many years, he is not charging me, so he is not doing this for money. He is a very good man, a very good doctor, although I know my story certainly sounds like a snake oil story, it is not. I am trying my best to remain fair and objective. It is of course difficult at times because this doctor is telling me to be patient, that I can be cleared with the homeopathics that I am taking. I think it was Jim that said he should alert the media because he would receive the Nobel Prize. That I must say is an indisputable comment. I will certainly post what I find, learn, think, and do.
I'm scared, but I am going to find my way through this.
I do understand all of your scepticism.
Ciao for now.
Jim,
I have an appt with a hepatologist on the 11th.
I am very open to all sides of this. I am not some nut case sitting in a dark room chanting with incense hoping this is just going to go away.
I know I am a 3a, I am grateful for that, I know I feel great right now, I know I need to either get a biopsy or LabCorp's Fibrosure, I don't know much about the fibrosure just that they are less instrusive than biopsy, but I know that the Ultra Sound is just a beginning 'indicator' and I DO want to know EXACTLY the shape my liver is in. It DOES seem too good to be true someetimes even to me, about the homeopathic, but I figured that if I am not in a huge rush, and I will confirm that with my liver doctor on the 11th, than I think it's worth the shot, the alternative. I know I am going to be accused of being irrational, but I am willing to give this a shot if I do have the time to do so. You seem to know what you are talking about here, do you know much about that LabCorp's Fibrosure?
I am appreciative of all info here....

Fibrosure test is based on your blood levels. It's a formula using AST, ALT and other lab results. It will give a fairly good result on low or high damage to the liver but it's kind of
"iffie" in mid-range damage. The fibroscan test is rated very good but it's still in trials in the US.
15 years ago my then girl friend had a very rare liver disease called bud kiaglo, please forgive the spelling but thats how it sounds, the vina cava {spelling, main artery} was completly clogged alone with other vains to and from the liver and there was cirrhosis. Even doing a transplant, they said would not get rid of the disease and maybe after some years even the new liver will need to be replaced.
3 months before the last set of tests before they put her on the transplant list {her father was a doctor and pulled strings in columbia presbyterian hos}we started eating lot of herbs, mixed right for benefit.
They did the tests and we went in for the final consultation to get on list.
As the two doctors were standing there, holding up the xrays and all the other tests. They could not find the clots or any cirrhosis. And they said they were completly shocked and did not know what happened or what to say. I told them about the herbs and mixes and they said they can not comment on that but to keep doing what ever it is we're doing.
I'll never forget the looks on there faces.
  She stopped eating the herbs after we broke up a year later.
Today she still has not gotten a liver tran. and has no problem with the liver.
  Was it the herbs?  If so why didnt it come back after she stopped eating them?
In cases like that there maybe no telling.
With cases like mine, hcv2 and effected my life the past number of years, I would not choose herbs OVER the 80% chance I have of getting rid of hcv2 with interferon and riba
I'm sorry this went on so long
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Your friend had Bud Chiari's disease, a thrombosis of the liver veins. The herbs often have anticoagulative ("blood thinning")effect, thus they are typically antithrombotic/thrombolytic. This is a likely explanation for the story you told.
Thank you.  Would you know why it never came back ?  She hasnt had those herbs in 15 yrs and dosnt live the healthest life style
The good people on this forum often confuse homeopathy with herbs and other forms of alternative medicine.
There is an easy way to decide for yourself what validity homeopathy has. Learn for yourself what is meant by a "5X or 15M formula" - what the dilutions actually are. Then get yourself a high school chemistry book or google 'Avogadro's number' and figure out what the probability is that you're getting even one molecule of whatever it's supposed to be in the pill. It's why the FDA can't even convict them of selling contaminated sugar pills.
It's an interesting theory - poisoning yourself to prod your body into healing itself - but I've never seen better than placebo results.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
She might have had a temporary reason for a hypercoagulative state - like using oral contraceptives - and once the thrombosis starts it often thrives on itself until it is either too late  - transplantantion necessary- or until anticoagulation therapy - SOC would be warfarin -is initiated, in her case "herbs". In quite a few cases the syndrome never comes back.
Forgive me in advance if I am misinterpreting the all to common responses on this topic. Shouldn't we be more open to listening and evaluating any and all options which show a glimmer of hope?

I think there is enough horror story testimony from the use of ANY type of HCV virus cure to go around.

Admittedly my opinion is biased by my experience's and the fact that I trust Big DRUG Co. as much as I do BIG OIL Co.

I still must ask:
"what incentive is there for BIG DRUG Co. to pursue alternative
  Tx"?  and better yet what do they have at stake to lose?
We put our faith, hope and trust into their hands and believe
  any and all information they provide?

I'm not trying to turn this into some type of conspiracy theory. I guess I'm just surprised at the almost casual or "knee jerk" dismissal of anything not sold to us from drug mfg.

Again, I appologize if I am way off base on this.
i will ask again, what kind of herbs are you taking at this time? can you please share your regimen with us here.
Certainly no one in this thread has said they aren't open to alternatives, ANY alternative that WORKS. It has nothing to do with "big pharma" if there was a homeopathic remedy we wouldn't need "big pharma" to sanction it's use at all, we'd all go for it and be cured, big pharma be damned. There might not be incentive for them to study various remedies, but that doesn't mean studies haven't been done in the past or aren't going on now. There are studies going on right now looking into various alternative remedies. Im sure the moment someone can produce hard evidence that any of these things work, then we will all be free of this virus.

the problem is, NONE of the alternative or homeopathic remedies actually work to eradicate the virus.
jane, are you taking carduus marianus mothertinctures, or chelidonium and lycopodium?

----

personally, i believe herbs and homeopathy can CURE, or automatically remit, HCV in at least SOME people. these people may be predisposed for automatic remittance.

why do i say this?  because, we all know that some very rare people actually spontaneously clear HCV even in the chronic phase.  homoepathy may actually encourage spontaeneous remittance, and cause such cases to be more frequent than otherwise imagined.

my own study of homeopathy leads me to theorize that homeopathy taken over a period of many years, like for example 2 or 3 years constantly, may, in at least SOME people, actually slowly reduce, and finally eliminate the HCV virus, leading to a negative PCR.  of course i have never encountered anyone whom i can personally verify.  but nevertheless, this is a belief i have, which stems from my study of homeopathy and my conversations with my dad.

the reason i didnt actually experiment with long term homeopathy myself were as follows:

>i didnt want to expose my family to possible  blood exposure over a period of many years.

>my short duration of infection predicted good response chances with interferon treatment.  i didnt want to increase that duration.

>i wanted to get it over with

now i'm in my 9th week of pegasys and ribavirin treatment.  side effects can be pretty severe sometimes, but most of the time i'm just okay.  

i actually tried homeopathy for 3 months before interferon treatment.  it caused ALT to normalize to 24 on at least one instance.  

i was getting slight palmar erythema with simultaenous rapidly devfeloping telangectasia on my chest and ankles, and that caused me to panic and rush into interferon treatment.  also, the fact that i was young, with a short infection period, and better able to tolerate the tx figured in my decision to treat.

my pre tx viral load ranged around 70,000 to 12,000 IU/ML.  infected less than 4 years. genotype 3a. age 25.

UND at 4 weeks and 7 weeks.  now in my 9th week.
thank you for your post. I am taking Vincetoxicum, Sulphur, Phosphorus, iodum, hepatitis c, and will see where it takes me.
I understand wanting to 'get it over with' I really do.
I am in a torn state right now. Not 100% which way I will end up going, homeopathic or traditional. I think I will have a much better idea after I see my hepatologist and get a biopsy.
I'm assuming I will be getting a biopsy. If I have 'time', then I will continue the homeopathic route, at this point I'm just damn curious. My doctor in Italy is so POSITIVE that he can COMPLETELY get rid of the virus.
I would love nothing more in the world than this homeopathic treatment working, I know some people here consider this just a hopeful naive pipedream, but I do have some faith in it, I do.
Fantasizing that my doctor may actually be able to cure me, and then I can share with others, this will either turn out to be just that, a fantasy, or the most important thing I will ever share with people in my life.
Take care, I wish you the best with your treatment, and I am 'here'.

Your comments are well taken. I would like to bring up a couple additional points though. (Don't take this the wrong way OK?)
1) What information is required to be provided to prove HCV virus eradicated through use of alternative Tx ?
   My guess is you just said "documented through clinical trials" - aren't those typically funded by BIG DRUG Co.?
   We all know numbers can be manipulated and presented to
   skew our views in favor or against.

Remember "statistics are meaningless, heck 8 out of 10 people know that" LOL - Had to throw that in there :)

2) If these alternative Tx help to protect or improve function
   and regeneration of liver cells, wouldnt that in turn
   improve the body's ability to fight off the virus. An
   indirect form of Hep C viral cure ?

In all honesty as I've said in here before I think it will be a combination of both man made and natural products that will prevail (at least in the short term)

Thanks for the discussion Kalio :)

I agree, I think using alternative methods as an adjunct to standard treatment or for those who are not treating can be a good thing. I also think those who don't have liver damage and are trying to wait on better treatments can use them to help limit their inflammation and symptoms. I am all for it if the patient educates themself and uses them carefully and knows what they are taking. One problem I have seen is people will start in taking these "remedies" and they end up with their enzymes shooting up or have other problems arise. Alternative remedies should be treated with the same respect as "other" drugs, jsut because they are "natural" doesn't mean they can't be toxic or cause harm. It is unfortunate that the incentive to study these products isn't there because the pharma companies who paid for those studies can not patent those products, so they have no incentive to study them because anyone and their brother could sell them.

As far as "proof" goes, if ANY doctor can show me a patient's DNA PCR results a year post showing they have cleared the virus after using any alternative treatments, then I would be satisfied. That is all the "proof" that is needed, being able to show the virus is gone through DNA testing. So far lots make the claim, but not one can show the test results that prove the claims. Lowering the viral load or lowering the enzymes is not enough. I just want to see their negative DNA test results.

A small portion of people DO clear the virus on their own, with no drugs of any kind. Their immune systems are able to beat it. I wish they could study them and find out how that happens, maybe that would offer a solution to the rest of us who's immune systems don't have the same power.

Let's hope a solution is found soon for us all!

Are you taking alternative remedies? I lan to sue a full regimen of them to attempt to help reverse some of my liver damage after I finish treatment. Im afraid to use most of them during treatment because they can be contraindicated. I do take probiotics and vitamins and I use whey protein daily.

Hope you are feeling ok and getting through the Holiday season.

Yes, a friends' advice and discontinued Tx (per Dr.s orders) persuaded me to give alternative Tx a try. I was Dx w/HCV geno 1a after being hospitalized from variceal bleed. I survived a bout with colon cancer and subsequent chemo Tx in 2002 and had always associated the HCV symptoms with the chemo.

Between the variceal bleed, PT (14.8), ALT(147), AST (145) etc.  test results, the liver damage assesment was not good. I was denied Tx from one Dr due to contraindication, convinced other doc potential benefit outweighed risk. 7 weeks later I had to discontinue and decided to order the alternative Tx meds -Sep 12.

Oct 2 labs with the exception of AST (43) and Tot Bilirubin(2.8)
my CBC and metabolic panel results were in normal ranges. I wont blame you if you dont believe it - I barely do myself. My guess is the Peg/Reb killed the virus and the alt Tx has helped with recovery of liver functions.
At the risk of being rediculed I take the following: Milk Thistle, Lipoic Acid, Dandelion root, Selenium, and Natcell TLM  

Oh by the way - can you believe they didn't catch the HCV during the chemo - I mean only 20 or so blood tests taken back then.

Boy have you been through a lot! Cance, a variceal bleed, my goodness that is a lot to handle and then on top of that HCV. You must be a very strong person to live through all of that!

I am glad to hear you are having a positive response to using those remedies. That is the same regimen I plan to use in the future. I definately believe that you have had excellent improvement, I have heard similar stories of improvement. Did you also have a PCR for the viral load? Im curious how low the viral load is or is it undetectable? You could be right and the PegIntron was enough to jumpstart your immune system into wiping the virus out. that is what the treatment does, it is intended to "train" our immune systems to be able to "see" the virus.  I can't tell by the post if you have a viral load. I know there are other things you can add to your regimen that are supposed to reverse liver fibrosis in trials right now. Hopefully they will pan out and benefit us both.

Another very important aspect is nutrition, not just what we eat but also I was told it is very important to take in small meals 4 or 5 times a day to ease liver stress. I guess larger meals are harder on our livers. A diet of leafy greens and fresh fruits, fish, chicken and limited carbs and no red meat or saturated fats is good. Also sugar is hard on our livers, and here I was gobbling ice cream. I stopped that and now use a good protein powder w/milk/yogurt instead.

Unfortunately Im not suprised your doctors missed your HCV. I had a back issue and my surgeon, my regular doc and a second doctor I was seeing all missed the HCV and diagnosed me with a "drug allergy"  I continued to decline and got sicker and more infections and finally a new doctor I saw due to relocating caught it. He said I didn't "fit the profile of an HCV patient"
It seems just plain dumb to me that they don't test routinely for it to rule it out. Especially since they know that the majority of people with this virus have no idea they have it.

Im so glad to hear you are on the mend and your liver is healing. If you can keep it suppressed and it isn't hurting you, that's the ticket. I know there are a lot of people who can't tolerate the tretments for one reason or another and these remedies can be a way they can keep the virus down.

Just wondering if you don't mind saying, where do you buy the NAT?

Yes I had HCV-RNA (PCR) tests - sorry for not bringing it up, it was the one thing I had in my favor. Baseline was 8,650 IU/Kl or 3.94 log.  Test on 10-2 came back Not Detected (<50), Had a HCV-TMA test on 11-20 which also came back Not Detected (<10).

Dr. tried to convince me to go back on the Peg/Reb Tx following the rebound in labs. I disagreed, my logic being: potentials benefits no longer outweigh risks of contraindication, and why not just get HCV-RNA tests routinely and if no sign of relapse why punish my body (and MIND) any further.

I've listed a couple web sites below for reference material.

https://www.hepatitiscfree.com/appieshop/index.cgi?mhhepatiSTORE:CKIE:home+

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/silymarin/NS_patient-milkthistle
I would have done exactly what you did. As long as your PCR's are showing UND repeatedly, why ingest this ****? I'd do the same thing, use the alternative options and do a PCR several times then at one year if it remains UND,you beat it. I guess his logic is that the virus must be hiding or something? I'd tell him "doc, if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Maybe it is just that he has not seen this happen to anyone else so he doesn't trust it, but heck, you have PCR's to prove it and that is that! Sometimes doctors aren't as open to miracles happening as they should be!
I have heard stories of people showing a viral load after finishing tx and then having it completely disappear when they are tested later on and they remain SVR. Maybe the IFN was able to train your system and now your immune system has conquered it or maybe it's the supplemental support added to it, who knows. That is so wonderful! After all you have been through, you sure deserve SVR. I hope to join you soon. Im sure all the positive health efforts you are making are good for your overall health. I know HCV did get me on the healthy eating wagon. I hope you continue to visit the site and keep me updated on how you are doing. Such an interesting story you have. Take good care of yourself, it's nice talking to you.

thanks so much for the sites!
Hey, I for one am very interested in your input. Just "feeling better than I've felt in my entire life" counts for something! Shoot, I could go for a little of that!!! This board tends to be more than a little pro SOC but most agree that current treatment options pretty much SUCK. If some alternitive treatments can improve liver function, hinder, halt, or even reverse damage, well that may be worth pursuing. Cure is a very strong word, one that even successful treaters  seem lothe to use. I mean the word "cure" doesn't have an "s", an "r" or a "v" in it. Alternitives may buy time for those of us who are hoping for some improvement on documented treatments. The problem is finding someone we can trust for advice. There are many "snak oil " merchants out there. I seriously doubt that your 80 year old Italian Dr. is one of them. Hey, get my liver #s in order, reduce my viral count, stop the dragons' advance, make me feel good again, ---I"LL TAKE IT!! (for now, what we all want is a CURE)
Today was on the computer phone with my doctor in Italy.
He may be old in years, but this guy is sharp sharp sharp, his father is still alive, a little over 100 !
Thankfully he has much patience with me. I've been so freaked out the past months over this. He calmly always tells me that I will have a negative test to HCV, I just have to be patient, and understand this will take more months. He is not just talking about a 'lowered viral lode and better ast's and alt's, he says ERADICATED AND NEGATIVE.
He reminds me all the time that he has MANY hep a b AND c patients that he has cleared, and he checks them yearly to make sure they remain 'negative'. I have so many mood swings about this, understandably so because my doctors here completely scoff at what I am doing, and of course I have a new hepatologist that I have to face on Monday, I'm nervous about meeting him at all, going through the whole 'story' again, and then of course I have to tell him that I am on this 'treatment'.
Well? The facts speak for themselves. When I said I feel great these days, I was not exagerating at all. It is unreal how 'normal' I feel. And although I still have elevated ast's and alt's, viral lode high still, bottomline I have come down from 1000000 to 119000. My doctor says next stop viral lode 600. That is our goal, and he simply expects it. I'm just curious, IF and when I come down below 600, would that help support that I really WAS getting better with some of the nonbelievers on this board?
I don't think a viral lode would come down that low on it's own, right? I hesitated for a few months to post here, I didn't know how I would be 'received' with my homeopathic bag and old Italian doctor and all, the whole thing does sound rather out there.
But the only reason that it doesn't seem that out there to me is because I'm living it.

Hi Jane, I'm open to alternative treatment -- how can I contact your doctor in Italy?

Kittyface
me too... tried tx and it did not work i am stage 2/grade 2 and just taking milk thistle now...
jane,

with your log drop in viral load, it seems that your homeopathic medication is working.  this is indeed very exciting to see.

what potencies are you taking the vincetoxicum, sulphur, phosphorus and iodum in? like 30X, 6X, or 200X?

i have taken phosphorus 30X and iodium 30X, 3 times a day prior to interferon treatment.

i also took carduus marianus mothertincture, chelidonium 30X, lycopodium 30X, china 30X.  (but PLEASE PLEASE don't take these extra ones, i think you are doing very fine with your regime).

this is very interesting that you mention vincetoxicum.  

i have never encountered it being used for any type of hepatitis before.  i think your old-timer doc is a "circumstantial" genius.  hailing from europe(the birthplace of hoemopathy), i think his family practice homeopathy seems to stem from deep knowledge.
Better batton down the hatches!!! Keep us updated if you will. jerry
I was very happy to hear your comments. Especially since you seem very familiar with homeopathic meds.
As for the strengths, I don't know! I knew very little about homeopathy before 'this'. I will tell you what it says on the bottles and maybe that'll help? Vincetoxicum OFF. Scalare Progressivo 4ch-9ch-30ch-200ch. The sulphur is the same.
The iodum lmo 180. Does that help? I am taking the others I mentioned, in the caplets under the tongue, the hep c is also lmo 180.
So you think the viral lode drop is good, so did I, but I wasn't sure because I've never been 'here' before. My Dr. Franco was very happy, and very much expecting these results.
He was also very happy because he is always after me for certain blood tests, the protein eltrophoresis he is always watching, and was especially happy with my gamma globulin being down to 1.1. As for others asking for his info. There is nothing more that I want than to eradicate this virus, do it the homeopathic way, and then be able to share this with others.
Dr. Franco was a God send for me, I believe that. It has it's strings however. First of all he is 80, he is in Italy, he does speak English, but of course his Italian is much better than his English :) My husband is Italian so of course he speaks Italian. I visit Dr. Franco once in a while, we have family there, so you can see it's doable for me to have this Italian doctor. IF I can clear of this HIS way? I would feel obligated to share. Would Dr. Franco want to help others? I am sure, this is what he does. There would have to be a way. Like for starters, can we get these homeo meds here? Remember you have to have a homeopathic Dr. that knows what he is doing, just like any other doctor. One thing I do know, my belief is the FDA does NOT like this way of healing. Someone had mentioned that IF this was a viable way to cure, the FDA would package this and sell if for alot of money. Not so. It's already being 'sold' for not much money. I hate the FDA, they care about money, not cures. I have not researched getting these meds in the US because my doctor is there, and my mother in law either ships them to me, I get some when I'm there, or she brings it when she visits. Either way, I suggest I clear with this first for the others who asked about my dear Dr. Franco, and then go from there. One other thing, those who claim that homeopathy is just hocus pocus placebo? ... http://www.newstarget.com/z001951.html
the phosphorus is CH15, I'm taking that every 2 hours.
Dear Jane Doe:

I would be very interested in corresponding with you and hearing more about the work of your Italian doctor.  I engage in a great deal of research into classical homeopathy and advanced classical homeopathy in three areas:  1) Counter-Plague utilities; 2) Oncology utility; 3) General Medicine utility.

I am not here to waste my time with the naysayers on this board; for their opinions on anything are of no relevance to me.  Homeopathy does work.  It is a highly subjective affair which can never be proven all that well by the all-sacred, double-blind, placebo trials; for our doctrines can't work well like that. There are, however, a great many inept fools in the profession who make wild promises while engaged in mediocre methods.  And, there are a handful of true masters to the subject.  This is the true problem with homeopathy.  

The vast majority of homeopathy's critics aren't even competent to complete a deeper study of the field, and, where they argue the serial dilution question, they don't even argue from a modern physics perspective.   Just a big, round robbin there and a variety of folks making too much chatter on things they've rarely ever personally researched and experimented with.  Oh, they've all read the drivel others report but have usually never directly engaged in research themselves.

Now, the reason I am interested in you is not to sell you anything.  I don't charge patients anything.  If they're happy with my work, they're welcome to donate.   But, at this time, I am not taking on anymore Hep C cases without further research.  I would be interested in studying your case, though, and following it in great detail.

The reason I want to talk to you is because, to date, I am having a very difficult time finding any case data on the cure of Hep C by homeopathy.  I have a pending information request to a true master of homeopathy -- a man I consider among a rare handful in the world capable of having cured Hep C or knowing someone who has.  Still waiting to hear back there.  True masters study from him.  

In the meantime, all I read is variety of conventional medicine b.s.  If not that, I see homeopaths on the net making near promises of cure.  I see others displaying their anti-Hep work in greatly reducing viral load, yet, as with the PCR comments of those on this board, I also agree.  There's a lack of case data available on the web and I'm still looking for it.  The supposedly credible, conventional med databases are all filled with **** and junk science on homeopathy.  Just the other day, I was reading a load of it cranked out by some low-grade academic dweeb whose idea of determining homeopathy's efficacy came from "metanalysis" (fancy word for researching biased computer archives).  "Well, no such cases of cure in this database. Therefore, homeopathy does not cure and has no merits."  Junk science you call that.  Skewed observations at the very least.

The Hep C issue is important, not for just the sake of Hep C patients, but simply because it is a very difficult virus to defeat.  Homeopathy has an awesome counter-viral history, but Hep C is a tough one.  Future plagues will be equally tough. Need to know what's going on here with Hep C.  Maybe someday American enemies will toss modified strains at us?  If we can't engage Hep, we damn well can't save cities from far worse.    

I'd like to see what's taking these homeopaths so long in rendering cure.  I'd like to hear about some failed Hep C cases that underwent strictly classical homeopathy.  And, most of all, I'd like to hear more about this doctor in Italy who says he can cure you -- not as an enemy, but to examine his methods if he has been truly curing it.

I have one patient out here with Hep C, numerous symptoms, and liver damage.  He quit conventional medicine over a decade ago and -- according to his testimony -- is one of the longest running Hep C cases in the world.  Conventional medicine made him very sick, didn't do much, and so he deviated.  He blew through some $500k on Alternative treatments that never did much good.  Some of that was spent on classical homeopath visits which helped him some, but never cured it or gave stability.  Oriental Medicine he says gave him the best results, but he simply could no longer afford to keep up all these methods which gave him no cure.  Best he's been able to achieve is longer lifespan, pretty good function overall, continual living with the illness, and he is by no means cured.  

As for me, I have only been treating him a couple weeks. I've managed to take the edge off some of his pains and make him feel slightly better overall, but he has been going through a down period now that his conventional physicians cut out some addictive prescip drugs.  Still pushing him back up.  

Can I cure him?  Oh, I don't know.  I am a student of methods that I consider better than those used by the majority of homeopaths in the world.   Never have I cured a cancer case, but I have squashed it down well a bit (among one of the most difficult cancer forms on earth) and some of those tactics apply to counter-viral matters.  My research is scattered over a variety of areas and pain relief tends to be my area of most coverage (since most chronic diseases have a bit of that).  

I don't give a damn about winning any Nobel prizes.  I don't care to argue with conventional medicine sorts nor publish in scientific journals.  Most my confidential research is not at all for public consumption.  Curing cancer, AIDS, Hep C...these aren't even an interest to me other than any counter-viral aspects relevant from such studies.  And so, I am not at all a threat to the pharmaceutical industry and allopathy.

Can cancer be cured by homeopathy?  Oh, yes, it can be and has been done to various degree..depending upon the form and individual.  You won't find any such case data among the net or respectable journals, though.  One has to look well and research over a year or more before finding such obscure information.

Can Hep C be cured by homeopathy?  Theoretically, yes.  In practice?  I have not yet seen such a thing, but would like to and am still hunting for that information.  

It is not important to me if your doctor cures Hep C or only near-cures it. I just want to know the overall state of patient improvement, repeated viral load counts if any, and also all other proof of cure.  If he cannot prove cure in those 30 cases and they only exist in near-cured status, that is fine to me.  I would like to know more about his remedies and tactics applied --dosing methods, reasons in remedy selection and use, etc.

The significance of any nearly curative work by homeopathic methods alone points to the potential to integrate that with other anti-Hep naturopathic methods (herbs, vitamins, supplements, etc.) and any relevant conventional drugs.  For example, 40% improvement by allopathy, 30% improvement from naturopathy, 60% improvement from homeopathy, and 60% improvement from oriental medicine approaches leaves us with a hybrid, Integrative Medicine model capable of achieving well in excess of 100% curative capacity in Hep C cases.  

One of the flaws to the majority of homeopaths in the world is a fanatical, "homeopathy only!" nonsense which is fine in theory but not practice.  The average homeopath is about as arrogant and incompetent as the M.D.  They're both historical rivals.  Then again, it is not proper for me to say I know all there is to know about all the homeopaths in the world; for I haven't personally met them all.  I only know that it is very rare when I meet a humble one who isn't much like the inept M.D. in thinking he knows all there is to know about the field.

If you have time to correspond with me, I would like to study all homeopathic remedies and tactics this Italian doctor is applying in your case.  You say that you have seen lab data on this man's patients?  I would like to hear more on that no matter what you do or don't have there.

In regard to this board argument about whether or not Homeopathy can cure Hep C or any particular illness... that's not even a logical question.  It bears a kind of drunkeness in allopathic, mechanistic-reductionist thinking.  The name of a disease has no more relevance to us than it does to an acupuncturist.  We don't give a hoot about your viral load counts or PCR tests.  For us, "Cessat effectus cessat causa!" (Cure the effects and you can cure the cause) is the only guiding law.   What do you care of the disease name if all your symptoms and sufferings are extinguished?  Perhaps a germ still remains in the system and contagious for years more after reaching one's best state of health possible.  Perhaps it is truly cured.  Perhaps it is not.  All that matters is reduction of patient suffering.

The overall strengthening of the patient is the only relevant thing.  If a cure is possible, it will occur at that point far away and likely years off (depending upon how deeply chronic the ailment), not in these early stages anyhow.  

All I have seen reported on the net to date is one report of viral load reduced by a factor of 8.  Whether true or not, that is only one test (as far as I know).  It is not cure in any case.  If the patient is more functional and living well, that's good enough for most cases.  Cure to PCR standards, 6 month standards, and all that ****...that's all just allopathic standard-setting of no relevance to our way.  Our standard of cure is when the patient is fully symptom free.  From there, you can measure all you like and it could be some years at that state before the body clears out the Hep C strain.

Of this Italian homeopath you report, he is either:  1) A liar; 2) Delusional; 3) Or, someone with credible wisdom on the matter who I'd truly like to learn from.   If he's at least well improved 30 cases of Hep C, I'd like to study how he did that and perhaps I might share with him a few of my own tricks against some of the more difficult cancers.

So, if you would share information with me, I will share with you everything I can think of relevant to your case of Hep C.  Homeopathy at its best, however, can NEVER cure Hep C. The disease name is simply not the whole patient. Surely, homeopathy can cure people here and there of Hep C whenever it is practiced properly and probably some better tactics need to be added there.  But, in other cases, it will not.  

I can tell you from personal experience with chronic illness (that I'm still trying to cure in myself and have mostly cleaned up) and from helping many others....talk of "cure" is a cruel thing to do with people.  It is good to get them thinking it possible, but you never promise it.  That is why I am suspicious in regard to your Italian homeopath.  

If a true homeopath encounters 100 chronic disease cases, these are very complex mental and physical conditions making cure so very difficult to achieve over time.  Mental barriers, patient loves and hates, patient lifestyle, all sorts of vices ... these areas of the mind often weaken the body long before chronic illness sets in.  Anger, for example, trashes the liver and health more than anything.  I can help my friend's Hep C in many areas, but I cannot erase his bad childhood.  I cannot erase his hatred for his mother.  I can't erase years of drug addiction -- illegal and prescription. I can't undo all the destructive touches the M.D.'s have applied. To even think I can cure such a case passed to me after the M.D.'s have badly butchered the patient up... that's not realistic.  

All you can do is deal with the conditions the patient presents at the time and do your best to render cure.  As you make that curative touch, the disease picture shifts again.  You then adapt again.  The picture shifts again.  You adapt again. Eventually, if you can carry the patient back to a much higher state of vitality and function, perhaps cure will come.  But, in the end, cure is not rendered by the homeopath or any doctor in the world.  If the homeopath cannot do it, I assure you no conventional M.D. ever can.

The average homeopath is nothing more than a strange form of medicinal acupuncturist with tools more powerful than their needles, and yet with less competence than the average doctor of oriental medicine.  At best, if we have truly mastered our field, we are on par with the finest doctors in the orient.  If we have all that and remain less fanatical while integrating anything that works well -- particularly in the supposedly impossible cases -- then, we have more curative capacity in our toolbox.  

But, can we render cure to some theoretical disease name?  Nope.   Heck, I can cure the common cold in many, many people faster than any homeopathic or conventional drug you'll find on the market.  I cure the common flu in some people within 5 minutes.  In others, within 30.  Often with just a single dose.  Others take more dose repetition or higher potency.  Others require a totally different remedy.  We cannot ever say that a certain homeopathic remedy is what will cure a certain case of flu.  Best we can do is keep a genus of remedies, study the total picture to the patient at the time, and apply that remedy.   For some, Belladonna is best.  For others, Nux vomica.  For others, Bryonia.  How can you double-blind study that?

Do I have a cure for the worst of Influenza virii?  No, I have many POTENTIAL cures and approaches for them while every patient is different.  The worst forms of plague in people are not at all like the common flu, though.  There is a depth of severity per overall disease picture that roughly matches a disease classification in allopathic terms.  Per patient, however, that disease pattern is then blended with their existing disease patterns.  It's very much a constructive and destructive interference issue.  Hep C in you is a totally different form of Hep C than found in any other person in the world. There are many commonalities to the overall Hep C signature and then many individual specifics.  You cannot treat Hep C, but must tend to the patient and his changes over time while also working a suitalbe and flexible remedy strategy from the start.

It simply is not responsible to say we can cure Hep C or that we can cure it in you just because we have done so in others. Every case is a venture through new waters.  Truly experienced homeopaths know that.  There is, however, a Remedy Epidemicus and Genus Epidemicus approach while Hep C is an epidemic.  

Since the majority of homeopaths in the world are incompetent, I would not expect them to be able to deal well with a tough strain like Hep C.   Likewise, it is not sound for anyone on this board or anywhere else to say that homeopathy CANNOT cure Hep C just because we cannot find any evidence of such.   I am still looking for data on a cured Hep C case and have only started.  Surely, one case is out there somewhere cured, but, even when I find it, that case may not meet conventional medicine standards. Further, all such data there provides me with only general homeopathic information on remedies and tactics of POSSIBLE utility to a new case.  Even at zero viral load and full cure by conventional medical standards, that is irrelevant to homeopathy's ability or inability to cure other Hep C cases.

Questioning homeopathy's ability to cure at a disease category level is like asking a bachelor if he will marry a pretty girl soon?  The optimist will say "Yes!"  The naysayers doubt it.  The question must be, "Would you marry THAT girl over there?"  Then, you can have a yes, no, or maybe answer.  What is that bachelor's ability to marry?  Or, rather, what is his capacity to cure the disease of womanly lonliness for the whole world?  None can say.  He cannot say.  His critics cannot say.  The bachelor must kiss every girl in the world before we have a true measure of his statistical ability to marry or not at the larger scale. "Oh, he will never marry and cannot marry Ms. Hep C." is the statement of idiots. Individually, we can know when the wedding day is done.  For the condition of marriage in general, we cannot say.  You simply cannot carry out double-blind, placebo-controlled trials to such a highly individual question.  We cannot gauge it.

All the same, it is valid to ask if there have been any cases of Hep C in all the world ever cured or near-cured by Homeopathy.  Anything done there would be interesting to know.  

Best I can tell you is that, in the Hep C case I work now, I have alleviated many of his symptoms only while under the remedies over the last 2 weeks.  Therefore, because some of the disease picture is being extinguished, some of the disease is extinguished.  This is not cure, however.  It is not even a lasting improvement because the pull of the Hep C condition and its impact upon vitality is so great.  All good done there in the last 2 weeks has also been overpowered by withdrawl (withdrawal) of just one prescription drug by his conventional physician, and so we have a totally new disease pattern which is still a summation of Hep C and other conditions.

Theoretically, if it has taken some homeopaths out there 10 years to near-cure Hep C cases....this is a very bad sign. Ideally, a chronic ailment you've had for 10 years should be NEAR-CURABLE in 10 months.  That's if everything is perfect to the case, the patient, and the methods applied.  Just a rule of thumb.  By more advanced methods of classical homeopathy, we can speed that at times to about 1/2 to 1/4 the time -- possibly correcting a 10 year chronic disease in just a few months work. Again, that's some diseases and not all.  The number varies per chronic disease overall picture of entrenchment.   But, if it takes respectable homeopaths 10 years to near-cure someone who has had Hep C for 10 years, this implies a severity to Hep C about ten-fold that of other chronic ailments and even cancer.

Right away, that explains a lot to me:  1) First, it'll usually require higher potency prescribing;  2) Second, there aren't that many homeopaths competent in high potency prescribing.  That's like asking already bad car drivers to run the Indy 500.  

I would expect to see, not just failure to cure, but many deaths caused.  I would fully expect to see dishonesty and unwillingness to disclose physician victories and failures. A great many homeopaths have such poor case follow-up skills and organization that they don't even know how their patients are doing if they don't check in.  They could be dead and they don't know while they only think they're doing so well due to the cases that do come back for repeat business.  

Curing Hep C immediately strikes me as about as difficult as curing the worst cancer and other deeply entrenched chronic ailments.  On top of all that, I would also supect most homeopaths flopping at Hep C do so among excess "constitutional prescribing" methods (treatment of the whole you and all that ****).  No, no, no.  

In advanced stage cancer, you rarely have the chance to render a constitutional approach.  That's an objective down the road, certainly, but, in those late stage cases, the severe pathology and resultant exhaustion tends to dwarf all these constitutional prescribing issues.  Bottom line: any effective methods would likely have to deal with the issue of the liver first and then attack at the whole you over time (pathology layer by layer working back to the constitutional).  Being also very "one-sided" cases -- especially in early stages -- this says nosodes (homeopathic vaccines, essentially) would also be critical to any such strategy.

...All of that, Jane Doe, is outside the realm of maybe 90% of all homeopaths in the world -- particularly in the United States.  Way above most homeopathic heads.  And so, I know that this Italian you mention -- if he is providing any kind of great results for 30 patients so far -- must be pretty damn good.  Or, he's full of b.s.  

If that man has rendered improvement to 30 homeopathic cases in anything less than 10 years for most of them...he would have to be at the level of a true master in our field.  There are only a handful of such men in the world. He's either one of them or he isn't.  Their generation of students amounts to maybe around 1000 total in the world right now.  Maybe more. Maybe less, but not that many.  That's all I know.  

The question you should be asking that homeopath is not whether he's cured to PCR standards and all this allopathic drivel.  Ask simply how long -- on average -- he has taken in rendering about 90% cured and mostly symptom free status to those 30 cases?  If 10 years he states it takes him, then he's closer to the world's average capacity.  If he's done so over just a couple to a few years in most cases, whether he's cured Hep C or not, this is the sign of a very great homeopath in my opinion.  And, if an honest one, he should be fully willing to give you the contact information or case details to all 30.

In any case, I would be happy to study your homeopathic progress under any physician and perhaps pass you some tips of my own or learn from their work if it is valid.   Regarding these remedies you mentioned:  were they applied individually, in series, or all together?

Warm regards,

Quack

Dear Jane Doe,

Just a couple more notes for today:

1) My Hep C patient is a genotype 1a case compared to your easier to cure 3a case.   We were talking more this morning.  He used to run Hep C forums like this and worked as a drug addiction counselor.  Hasn
Dear Jane Doe,

Just a couple more notes for today:

Dear Jane Doe,

Just a couple more notes for today:

Dear Jane Doe,

Just a couple more notes for today:

Say, so sorry to spam the forum like that.  I thought my browser was giving me errors with posting.  Was pretty frustrating and I was about to give up posting that second one, but now I see it all went through and with plenty to spare!  ;-)

Whoops.
Too much time has elapsed, and people usually don't return to old posts. Try to catch her in one of her newer posts.
Also lots of confusion here lately, because med help is trying to open a second hepc board.

Ina
Thanks!  I'll do that.

-Quack
I AM TAKEN SOME HERBS WHILE CONTIPLATING TREATMENT- MY  DOCTOR IS BOTH MEDICAL AND HOMOPATHIC - I AM TOLD THERE IS NO CURE FOR HEP C WITH HERBS AND I AM COVINCED PROBALY NO REAL CURE AT ALL - BUT SHE EXPLAINS THAT I AM TRYING TO GET MY IMMUNE SYSTEM AND ALL ORGANS FUNCIONING TO THE HIGHEST EFFICIENTCY LEVEL AND IN RETURN BE ABLE TO STOP ANY FURTHER DAMAGE TO MY LIVER OR OTHER ORGANS AT LEAST WHILE WAITING TO MAKE MY DECISION ON INTERFERON-I AM TAKING MINOR BUPLEURUM FORMULA IF ANYTHING I HAVE MORE ENERGY AND FEEL PRETTY GOOD- SINCE I STARTED THIS I STARTED TREADMILLING- AND JUST FEEL BETTER-BUT I GUESS A DOCTOR PRACTICING BOTH MEDICINES- HAS A CLEARER OUTLOOK AND CLEARLY STATED THAT THERE HAVE BEEN A VERY FEW CURES FROM HERBS AND OUR GOAL HERE IS TO STRENTHEN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM SO YOU COULS STABLIZE THE VIRUS - AND ALL HERE SHOULD ALSO REMEMBER THAT 70% OF CONVENTIONAL MEDICINES TODAY AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN HAVE BEEN DERIVED FROM HERBS, PLANTS , ETC. GOOD LUCK- WALT-W.S. IN CONNECTICUT
I was diagnosed with hcv in 2001 and and said to do nothing until 2010 when I was at level 4 and Gtype1. At a viral load of 2 1/2 million and level 4.
I started Interferon and Rebavirin for 44 wks and quit but close to that time my Dr. said I should go for 72 wks. My viral load was at O when I quit taking the meds. I just could not go on with the pains and feeling so weak. I was working long  hrs.(8-14) a day and was doing all I could to get to work. I have been off the medications for 4 weeks at this writting and took a blood  test and I was told my HCV was back! My question is this can they put me back on the meds. And if I choose do nothing ,,,,how long can I last.  Please someone give me a straight answer or guess.
JAM
You've posted at the end of a very old thread.  It would be better to hit the Post A Question button at the top of the page and ask your question there.  It will get a lot more attention than it will here.

There are better minds than mine around here to answer your question but I'll try anyway.  Yes you can treat again.  Successful treatment for geno 1 under current SOC is 50 to 55%.  Being level 4 lowers the odds even more.  But, treating for 44 weeks gave your liver a break and perhaps it was even able to heal a bit.  There is a new drug expected (not guaranteed) to be released in May or June.  It will be in addition to the treatment you've already tried, so it will probably be just as difficult.  But it offers a much better chance of success.  Since you have relapsed, you will probably have to do the full 48 weeks again.

I'm sorry that you relapsed.  But there is hope.

Carol
Again, please start your own thread to get better answers.  Stage 4 is cirrhosis.  They wouldn't have treated you if your liver wasn't still functioning so keeping your liver from deteriorating further is very important.  There are many people here who can offer excellent advice on that but not if they don't see your question.  Copy your question and paste it into a new thread where people will pay attention.
Hello, thank you for sharing your story. I am looking in to homeopathic treatment for my husband as well. Could you share your doctor's in Italy information, who treated so many patients in one year?
Welcome to the group, janedoe has not posted on the forum since 2006, if you go to the top of this page and use the green post a question button, it will start a new thread and you should get better responses to your questions, just an FYI there are absolutely no homeopathic cures for HCV,