Hepatitis C Community
how long does the acute stage last?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

how long does the acute stage last?

hey thanks to everyone who replied before. how long will this last? I just feel sick and exhausted. no jaundice yet but ascitis. im pretty concerned about thw ascitis..not to mention i look like ****. just wondering how much longer the acute stage will last.
i cant relate to the chronic stage stuff, but i was also exhausted and found out i had a thyroid problem as well. so i guess the first thing you need is to see a doctor but i heard you say you dont have medical coverage. what about SAG? do you belong? i know my sons insurance is thru them. i dont know what state you live in but i know here in hawaii we have state medical coverage for those of limited income. i think you need to see a doctor if you are feeling this terribly...just a suggestion. but i guess fundage is the issue you must resolve first. good luck and aloha
HCV is considered acute for the first 6 months, since the date of infection. About 35% of people clear it by themselves. If one still has it after this time, it is considered chronic.

Many people do not experience any symptoms. Some people do. I have maybe had it for 25 years, but I just found out in March. I have, besides others, symptoms of fatigue and brain fog. But these only appeared about 3 months ago. So, who, how long and when one is going to have symptoms, is not really predictable.

Do yo know when you got infected?

Best wishes, Marcia