i ache all over
what kind of meds can itake that wont hurt my liver any more
As far as we know, there aren't any for pain that don't. My hubby is only taking what he has to to stay alive at this point, blood press, etc. He has Veterans Med., they have treated over 26, 000 Hep C patients, so info is pretty accurate. They say only meds that don't are meds that stay in urinary tract only. Heat helps but may make rashes itchier.
Muscle pain try alternating cold packs hot packs.
All of you should ask you health care providers about PAIN MANAGEMENT classes.
Heres a few techniques we leaned.  Ok, basically only so many signals of ANY kind can move thru the spinal cord to the brain at any given time.  The trick is to flood the brain with so many other signals that only a few of the pain ones get thru.  You want to use as many parts of the brain that you can at the same time.  Here's an an example: When I'm at home, I might sing along with a CD I like while drawing a picture or write down lyrics with one hand and rubbing the fingertips of the other over differently textured surfaces, the more intricate, the better.  Your fingertips are loaded with sensory nerves.  When riding in a car, I listened to my walkman while doing math in my head while rubbing my left fingertips against my jeans and scraping my thumbnail across the inside of my fingers on the other hand. Math and logic use one part of the brain, and things like drawing anmd singing use the other. Varied sensory goals are textures such as sharp, rough, silky, furry, soft, hard, cold/hot; sight and hearing.   Complex memory excercises can use all sorts of areas.

There are also tricks to make your body produce more neurotransmitters such as Seratonin and Dopamine.  Get some sunlight and nature if possible. You will probably feel like an idiot, but paste a smile on your face whenever possible.  Your body has has trained for years that when your muscles etc are in a particular configuration that it should produce specific chemicals.  It may take several weeks, but if you do it it long enough it starts being natural and boosts your output.  Even at first it ups your seratonin a little. The bathroom is always an easy place to do this at first so you don't have to feel wierd sitting there with a big grin on your face.
Do any thing you can to make yourself laugh. Movies or cartoons or silly books or whatever.  We laugh at our kitties all the time.
If you usually enjoy dancing, this is good, and even if you only manage a few minutes it will help with stiffness and digestion. The patterned behavior is the thing here.  Sports you enjoy are great for this too.
Good dietary habits.  Anyone with a lot of digestive issues is probably not producing enough seratonin. For info on this search on Gastroenterology sites. Most of the body's seratonin is produced in conjunction with the digestive process not the brain. With chronic issues your level can be seriously affected.
If you have a nice partner, necking or cuddling is always good even if you're not in the mood for more. Even a quick kiss or hug can take your mind off pain for a few.
Send for free brochures etc., buy a notebook and plan your dream vactions with pictures of all the liitle details like tourist stops, castles, beaches, motels, whatever.
Hope this helps.
My hepatologist told me I could take Ibuprofen or Tylenol as long as I only took as much as the directions said.

Diane
Most hepatologists recommend Tylenol not to exceed prescribed label dosage.  Even with cirrhosis Tylenol may be taken but consult with you doctor about proper dosage.

Trinity