Hepatitis C Community
incivek triple therapy

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

incivek triple therapy

I have to post this question to see what everyone on incivek is going to do or has done after their 4th injection. Will you get you blood test on the morning before your 5th injection or will you get your blood test the morning after your 4th injection. All of us on the incivek know we have to be under 1000 to continue. Just wondering what everyone is doing.
Hi, you would have your blood draw the same day  before  you take your 5th injection.  You would probably be fasting because they do a lot of other blood tests also, so you would most likely to go in the am for the blood draw.  
My doc has me going every two weeks for bloodwork, from the second shot not only to check viral load but to keep on eye on everything else. I figure the more you go the better.
Good luck
Joe
I am reading your question and I'm not sure I understand. I am going to start triple treatment in a couple of weeks (waiting for Dr. to get back from vac.) Anyways, are you talking about your Interferon injection or are you getting incivek injections. I believe mine are pill doses and a lot of them.  Good luck!
my understanding of the question is when would you get your 4 week VL PCR which would be at the END of week 4- BEGINNING of WEEK 5.  This treatment is kinda like being pregnant.
You dont have the baby at the beginning of month 9 you have to go all the way to the end of month 9.  (to be nine months pregnant)   the last 4 weeks is a B.  
Therefore to do you 4 week VL test you first have to complete the WHOLE 4 weeks.  
Sounds like you have a very good doctor. My doctor wants to give me the viral load over the phone.  Then I won't be seeing him again until the end of sept.

Maybe I should talk to him and tell him I'm not comfortable with every two months.
Interferon is the injection. Incivek is in pill form.

@ his3707 About fasting before blood work that would be impossible, my schedule 6 AM 2 PM and 10PM.  
I looked at my schedule and I did not fast on the day I went in for the 4 week blood draw.  They did ask me to fast on day 1, week 6, so far.  On week six I took My meds with me and took them right after blood draw. Even though it wasnt until 10 am.  They didnt seem concerned.    Another time I had to take the am meds and come in within 2 hours after.  Another time I didnt take the am meds.  went in, did the blood draw, took am meds, and waited an hour and had another blood draw.   Im sure your doc will let you know what to do.  If he doesnt, ask him to.