interferin and ribavirin treatment
i know its common to lose weight with hep c treatment but is it normal to lose almost a stone the first week?,, im on week 16 of the treatment and have lostjust over 2 1/2 stone, i was 11 stone when i started im just under 8 1/2 now and its getting me down, i hate been skinny, im on 2 ensure plus drinks a day and eat 1 meal a day, i dont do any exersize ( no energy) so why am i still losing weight?
Why only 1 meal a day?  Most people try to eat 3 x a day or multiple small meals throughout the day. They may only be able to eat small portions but it's important to keep the body nourished.

Many do lose weight on therapy because of lack of appetite, nausea or depression.  And with some the medications effect the metabolism to the point where no matter what they eat they continue to lose weight.  There are medications available that can prevent nausea which may help you to increase your food intake.

I know you've have 48 weeks of therapy but maybe tweaking your eating habits or incorporating higher fat foods may help.
In 6 weeks you have lost 35 pounds is that correct (I had to google how much a stone was in pounds US).......no that would not be very normal at all I shouldn't think. I would call the doctor about that.  If you only started at 154 and now are down to 119 that is EXTREMELY drastic and sounds as if it could be dangerous for you.

There are drugs that they can give you that will stop you from losing weight = I was very thin when I treated and the doctors told me that if I lost too much they'd give me some med (psychiatric in nature I believe) that would help stop the weight loss.

the reason i only have 1 meal a day is cos i struggle badly with food, i get full too quick which causes me pain, im lactose intolarent so its difficult to find foods that will help me, im on ensure plus (lactose free) replacement drinks but my calorie intake is still less than the recommended 2000 cals, im just findin it difficult & my nurse & neutritionist are at a loss and dont have anythin to suggest
thank you for your reply, im currently on tablets (anti depressants) that make you put weight on but still nothing, i try to eat but im full with 1 mouthfull, im stuck