Hepatitis C Community
kissing and hep.c

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

kissing and hep.c

can you give or recieve hep.c from kissing
Depends on what part of the anatomy you kiss…

Seriously, no. HCV isn’t readily transmitted by kissing, sharing food or drinks, and is poorly transmitted via sex.

Kiss away,

Bill
It can be transmitted by sharing toothbrushes so it is possible it could be passed from kissing.

It would be very rare by still possible.
One scenario could be a person has bleeding gums and the other person has an open sore or cut in their mouth.

Like Bill said it is looked as not a real means of transmission.
Most of us got out shots for Hep A, an B Them are the ones u can get from kissing Im pretty sure but Hep C No you can't get hep from Kissing in fact it is very rare to give it to ur partner even if she is on her period but I wouldn't take the chance especially if she is on her Rag, hep c is transmitted there blood to blood contact it pretty hard to get as long as ur not using drugs most women who are pregnet an have hep c won't transmit it to her baby so pretty much stay away from drugs an durty needles in fact if u area heavy drug user u can give it to ur self by useing the same needle over an over again an if you get a tatoo make sure its a laget place an even know it is rare don't sare tooth brushes nail clippers or razors with anyone just to be on the safe side , I hope I helped