Hepatitis C Community
lab results

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

lab results

HCV RNA 33600  4.53 log
No fibrosis F0. No necroinflammation A0
Polymorphism genotype TT

There are obviously a lot of other numbers on this test that are all in range except apolipoprotein a-1 which is slightly low. I don't know what this means because my current doctor seems to be more concerned about lecturing me on the dangers of illicit drugs than answering my questions concerning the hcv. I seriously think he looks down on me for most likely having contracted this through iv drug use even though I've explained that I stopped using 4 years ago at least three times. I'm asking questions regarding an illness and he's telling me that marijuana causes schizophrenia. Any opinions on this?
My opinion is find another doctor, theres just no excuse for his remarks, congrats on the F0 stage as thats great, being a TT is tough but it is what it is. Looks like you have plenty of time to treat so start looking for a doctor that has a better attitude as something tells me he wouldn't be the most concerned about your treatment............ Good luck to you.
As for a slightly low apolipoprotein a-1, thats not of concern.

http://cholesterol.about.com/od/lipoproteins/g/apolipoprotein.htm
I'm not going to go in to detail but I had similar experience with the first GI doc I saw about getting treatment, I dropped him like a hot rock, found someone who's main concern was getting rid of the virus and not how I contracted it, as a matter a fact they never even asked.

As can-do said it looks like you have time to find a doc you are comfortable with

I'm Geno Type 1a F0 and TT... waiting... waiting .. .waiting.
Thanks, I was definitely thinking of getting a new doc. He didn't explain my labs to me at all, except to say that I had little to no damage. The rest I figured out from this and a couple other sites. He never told me about TT being difficult to treat, found that out on the web. This is not how I want to go through this.
I don't know my genotype yet. It didn't come in with the lab results and for whatever reason this doctor had me come in to discuss them even though he was missing a rather key piece of information. What has your doctor said about the newer treatments that are coming? Does he/she seem certain that they could be available as early as 2014?
Your a patient your not in rehab. I was with a bad dr. at the beginning of treatment. I posted here in Jan. and the response from 2 of the members was get a new Dr. I don't know why It was so hard for me to make the choice on my own. But I did get a new Dr. and couldn't be happier!! You deserve better care your paying him. And it doesn't matter what form of payment either. He's getting paid. Good luck!!!!