large bruise after shot
Has anyone experienced any nasty bruises after their injection? I took my 12th shot on Thursday evening and noticed a light small briuse near the injection site this morning, and now the bruise has spread is very dark and purple (I do all of my injections on my stomach in fatty areas at least one inch from the navel). Is this bruising normal? My last platelet count was 29,000 but that was 3 weeks ago. I had labs done on Wednesday but I still have not heard from the doc regarding those results.
I experienced major bruising with my second injection.  It started bruising about an hour afterwards, and by the next morning it was the size of an apple. Black and blue and angry looking bruise!  I also inject into my abdomen.  A nurse friend told me I might have hit a capillary, and my doctor saw it days later, and told me to keep an eye on it.  It ultimately faded into just a big red mark.  It never did hurt or anything, so I never felt in danger, but it was bizarre.  

Just gave myself the third injection Friday, and so far, no bruising at all.  

My RN said to inject 2 inches away from the belly button....and below the waist.
Let the shots warm up to room temp before injecting if you are not already doing this it may help
i also experienced a bruise after first injection this week. i think it's common.  keeping my fingers crossed that your platelets are holding up.
blessings
eric
I have only had one little bruise that seemed to come up a few days later. The redipen needle is really small.   However I think some of your bruising may have to do with the low platelets.  I know you are not supposed to apply an pressure after the shot, but maybe that would help.  I use my thighs - plenty of fat there.  I will use my stomach when I have to start the procrit and neupogen.  I have never injected below the navel.  I will have to check on that.  I always went above.

frijole
I keep an ice pack that comes with my delivery in the refrigerator. Always ice the injection sites after you inject and you will see less swelling and bruising.
No bruising on my belly when I inject w/Redipen, but a weird large red circular mark that crops up 5 or 6 days after injection. I was told to inject on  belly only for better meds absorption and less bruising. I'm gonna try that exhale and inject techniqueof beeblessed's this week and I know I'll always have to use the step by step instructions even until end of tx-nothing intuitive about injections for me. I'm thankful the needles are as small as they are; I can't help looking down just prior to the stick and thinking 2 things:1). Yikes, I'm sticking this thing inside my flesh! 2). This will help save my life. Then I go for it.
Hmmm I wasn't told that about absorption but I do notice when I inject in the stomach area I have more side effects then when I inject in my thigh. Very interesting......