leg pain and low white blood cell count ,low red blood cell
has anyone had problems with treatment such as low red and white blood cell counts. Also having alot of leg pain and muscle discomfort. I'm at the 26th week of treatment and determined to make it through!
Most of us here have one or the other - on procrit for low hgb myself!  Got the bone pain too.  Lots of us are on some type of rescue drug to shore up our blood levels.  More drugs, more sides!  Hang in there!
i am three weeks post tx and the leg pain has just this week started to go away.  Find out what your hgb is and see about Procrit.  Most insurances will not cover it until it goes below 10, which was my problem.

Hang in there.  I know it is hard but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I am finally starting to feel human again.
---------------------------
Just want to say congrats to everyone who has posted with SVR's lately.  I haven't been around much, trying not to think about liver related issues.
looks like you and i are on the same week, lately with the heat if i get to hot and sweat i find my self so sore i cant hardly walk, and so tired. areyou  having to work in the heat too, my white count has stayed around 1.0 after a quick dipp to .5 im not on rescue drugs as yet lost 50% of my hair, how are your  sides and what are your stats....
I think about 40% of the people who treat end up with anemia.  IT is the ribavirin that destroys the RBC.  I don't know what percent of treaters have low white counts, but a lot of us seem to.  On your CBC's the things to look for are the hemoglobin (HGB) which indicates the amount of oxygen carried by your blood and absolute neutrophils (#NE or ANC) which reflect the amount neutrophils present in your white blood cells.  These neutrophils are the infection fighting cells.

Under old treatment protocol, interferon was reduced if the ANC dropped too low and ribavirin was reduced if the HGB got too low.  Now most doctors will rx what we fondly call rescue drugs so we can stay on full treatment. CHeck with your doctor to see what can be done for you and please post your actual pretreatment and current HGB and ANC numbers here.
frijole
I found that when I upped my water intake to 8/8oz glasses a day my leg pain disappeared - the headaches are less frequent so I'm a big cheerleader for water!!
thanks friole--needed to know alittle more about blood counts numbers.  Seeing Doc Thurs.  will get the numbers!  Feeling better this week . I can think alittle better!
I'm emi and i'm 17. My wbc is 2.45 and my body's so weak and my legs sometimes feel numb or sometimes pain. My lower back hurts too. What could this mean?