Hepatitis C Community
live cell theropy ( stem cell )

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

live cell theropy ( stem cell )

I have heard good things about live cell theropy for non-responders. I spoke with one person who has been doing it since 1995 and has nomal ast/alt levels. Has anyone else tried it
it's bunk...your immune system will attack most glandular tissue you ingest or inject. It will not send liver you eat to your liver.  If you go the stem cell route you need to make sure they are the right stem cells and will graft where they should. The sureest way to do this is to stimulate ones own bone marrow to make stem cells.

I'm on the drug HGH which does just this. It allows my own marrow to produce more liver stem cells to compensate for the ones being lost.

However, don't trust the quacks out there selling you thyroid for your thyroid and so on.
It's just old wives tales half that stuff......I mean, look, people used to eat tripe (brains) to be more brainy...turns out prions disease changed their minds.
the less you know about a subjust the more likely you are to belive the snake oil salemen.

the other issue here is no amount of new cells will kill this virus to kill HCV current SOC is the only reliable treatment on record.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17914389&ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2
Your against a natural food supplment that supports the natural release of stem cells fom our own body...BUT...you do HGH...which has dangerous side effects...bit stem enhance has no proven dangers..you dont make sense...can you pease explain this?

Side effects
Main article: HGH controversies
There is theoretical concern that GH treatment may increase the risks of diabetes, especially in those with other predispositions treated with higher doses. If used for use of training, growth at a young age (25 or less) can cause severe symptoms. One survey of adults who had been treated with replacement cadaver GH (which has not been used anywhere in the world since 1985) during childhood showed a mildly increased incidence of colon cancer and prostate cancer, but linkage with the GH treatment was not established.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone