Hepatitis C Community
liver disease

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

liver disease

I was just told that my mom has end stages of liver disease. I'm not sure what to do or think. She has all the symptoms of end stages and I just wish I knew what to do or what the outcome would be? Since October shes been in the hospital four times and it is all alcohol related. I dont know what to do next???
My husband is going through the same thing. I found Al Anon on line and it has really helped me. Linkjcfreak
hi sorry you and your mom are going throgh this. liver disease is a horrible disease. can't offer much help since this is a hepatitis C forum but can tell you that if your mom hasn't stopped drinking then nothing will help her. many of the symptoms from end stage can be treated to make the patient more comfortable. make sure your mom is seeing a hepatologist (liver specialist).
best of luck
I as well am in the last stages of liver desease... i am angry alot of the time, but im beginning to get to the point im to tired to be angry anymore.... my youngest daughter has 3 children ranging from the ages of 3, 2, and 2 months old, i barely get to spend time with my grandchildren anymore because since ive been sick, my youngest daughter has i believe gone in denial over all this..... i look in the mirror at least 100 times a day to see if my stomache is protruding but so far its not........ just to let ya'll know, be patient with your loved ones and be strong.. God Bless each and everyone of you!!