Hepatitis C Community
liver swelling and pain

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

liver swelling and pain

DX LIVER CIRRHOSIS AND NOW SWELLING BLOATED AND LUMPS CAN BE FELT, ULTRA-SOUND DONE NO RESULTS AS OF YET.
DOES THIS MEAN IT HAS ADVANCED FEEL MUCH BETTER WHEN i DONT EAT
healthcare provider offers little reassurance due to their mistreatment in a timely manner.....,
help I'm losing it. these healthcare providers have sealed my fate
Morobert,,,have you had an actual biopsy to confirm that you have cirrosis (cirrhosis)?  Ultra sounds are not always the best detector to that.  Have you done the tx?  If not and if not on insurance,,,there is some trial that others have done. Are you a veteran?  There is many questions that would have to be answered here for us to even guess on how bad or even how good you may be.  Are you currently seeing a dr because with your loss of appetite,,,That is something that needs to be addressed also. There is a dr at 2 different forums that I know of that answer questions and I could help you out also with that...Just need more information...
No one sealed your fate.  There ae many of us who managed to treat the hep c and liver failure w/o insurance or much help from the 'powers that be!'  I was mis-dx for 35yrs and had to die before they figured it out.  Now I'm better than fine and did not rely upon the  standard medical system for anything except blood tests and meds.  W/o any gov't or private medical insurance.

There are programs and books avail for free.  Most of us now know more than doctors thru self education.

Whinning about what might or could or should have been will not help you now.  Knowledge, which is freely avil as all the websites suggested, will be your salvation.  God is already helping you by providing the means to educate      
and help yourself.  It ain't anyones, or his, fault if you don't.
hi morobert, i'm sorry to hear about your cirrhosis...Honey gave you some good advice...please post more details about how you know you have cirhosis and if you had a biopsy or have been on treatment for hepc yet...do you have hepc? what has caused your cirhosis?

to answer your question i would have to say yes it is possible that it could be advancing but the best thing to do before you worry is to get your ultra sound back and get a liver biopsy if your liver looks swollen or damaged in any way...or if you have hepc...so then there will be no mystery you will know exactly what to do based on the results of it...if it's bad you sould get on a liver transplant list...if it's not that bad there may be some treatment to help you depending on what is causing the liver problems...if hepc than there is treatment you should be able to get...

i'm not sure i understand what is happening with your healthcare...didn't they help you early enough? they can be so passive when it comes to treating/helping us... that is why we need to be the squeeky wheel or nothing will get done...

keep after them until you get your answers and the needed help and let us know... we can be here for you for support...

here is a cirrhosis support forum that i like to go to also...hope it helps... they are very compassionate and knowledgable over there about cirrhosis and end stage liver disease...

most folks here are just going through hep c treatment and have'nt had experience with cirhosis yet but there are those here who can help you further...that have had cirrhosis and even transplants...

i'll say a prayer for you, sandi

cirrhosis support group:

http://communities.msn.com/CirrhosisSupportGroup/cirrhosissupport1.msnw  

to Learn more about Liver Disease:

http://communities.msn.com/CirrhosisSupportGroup/cirrhosisinformation.msnw

Learn more about Liver Transplants:

http://communities.msn.com/CirrhosisSupportGroup/transplants.msnw

How to qualify for Social Security Disability Pay:

http://communities.msn.com/CirrhosisSupportGroup/socialsecuritybenefits.msnw

See Diagrams of Anatomy:

http://communities.msn.com/CirrhosisSupportGroup/diagramsanatomy.msnw

So what did you do? I am sorry but I have been trying to find out how to help my husband for 2 years now. Sure theres info on minerals and what not to eat but that doesnt heal Hep C and stop it from continuing to destroy the liver. Without insurance or a doctor I have not been able to find anything to help my husband so his symptons and condition continue to worsen.

Thanks for any help you are willing to give!
You have posted on a VERY old thread.  Please copy your post, go to the top of the page and select the Ask a question (Green) button and paste your question there.

That way, many more people will see it and you will have a better chance at getting answers - and there are many on this site who have been treated without the Ins.

Right now there are two main treatments one by Gilead and one by AbbVie, both of whom have a support program and furnish meds free of charge to those who meet their criteria.  They also will cover part through that same assistance program for those with Ins but that doesn't cover all of the med cost.

Oh, if your husband has been tested and has his viral load and genotype, that is helpful to post also.

Good luck to you both and goog treating to him.

Blessings,

Pat