Hepatitis C Community
liver transplant starting incivek
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

liver transplant starting incivek

starting  the incivek next week. i am a liver recipient. has anyone had a transplant and is on the treatment?

8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1420486_tn?1384796753
Hi Jim welcom to the forum. Orphanedhawlk or orphanhawlk recieved TP, then went on to treat. She just finished. There are others too who have or will be
Blank
1420486_tn?1384796753
http://www.medhelp.org/personal_pages/user/163305

Here is her page. You might send her a message, just incase she misses this.  This is a busy forum, but weekends can be slower.  HectorSF is another one who knows about T.P and TX.
Blank
1747881_tn?1358189534
This ladies husband is post transplant and just started incivek on may 25, here is the link to her personal page

http://www.medhelp.org/personal_pages/user/1691407
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
Hi,
  I finished SOC treatment for hep C at the end of March, since I was geno 2, triple tx was not recommended.
In April I celebrated the third year anniversary of  my transplant, finally clear of the virus that destroyed my first liver.

A few months back a woman posted about her husband who, post tp, was doing well on triple tx. I wrote to her but have since lost contact. There's a woman I know from a tp forum who's going to start the triple tx soon.

BTW: I'm doing really well, bouncing back from the treatment.

Good luck.
OH
Blank
Well we are in the same boat Jim. I am liver transplant 5-23-10 recipient. I started my triple therapy last nite. I did my first shot. I am on incivek. My hospital will only do incivek on post transplant patients. . Immune suppression meds react better with incivek. I started with a 1/2 dose interfreon, and a 1/3 less  ribrviron. That will change after my Wednesday labs I am sure. Took my shot at 9 pm last nite and just now starting feel like I have the flu. I forgot how much this treatment takes on us. We have to be strong and get this virus out of our livers ASAP....Will post how it is going. Good luck to you, and everyone on treatment. Thanks  to all who post here. I really learned so much... Jerry

Blank
Sorry, victrelis is my third drug. I posted incivek in error. Sorry!
Blank
446474_tn?1404424777
Good luck on your treatment. So you are 4 years post I hope you have doing well since your transplant. No too many bumps in the road.

Did the transplant center do a biopsy and determine that you need to treat your hepatitis C due to the development of fibrosis?

I hope to treating going right up to my transplant. If I can get my viral load to undetectable for a few weeks before I have my transplant I might be able to avoid infecting my donor liver.

Good luck with your treatment!!! I hope any adverse events are minimal.

Hector
Blank
1248018_tn?1363893452
Hey all! Anyone have updates on this topic? Dad is a year and a half out of transplant and will start treating for Hep C on Monday, March 25th, 2013. He will be taking pegasus. He is genotype 2 and has no rejection issues thus far. Any updates will be appreciated! Thanks!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...