Hepatitis C Community
lymph nodes

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

lymph nodes

Hello all
I haven't been here for a while.
Briefly, I finished my 48 weeks treatment a year ago, and it seems it was successful since virus is gone.
The biopsy prior to treatment shower early cirrhosis, which obviously is bad, but I hope it will at least stay stable since virus is now gone.
I had a liver MRI and the report shows this:

"several prominent lymph nodes are present in the porta hepatis and aortocaval region, which are non specific in the setting of cirrhosis"

Does anybody know what this means?
Should I worry or not?

thank you

mircea
Hi Mircea
I'm not sure what it means but I went for a Triphasic CT scan of the liver.  
This is the comment on the report I got........it might help you - im not sure.
I have taken this bit out of the report....

There are several small lymph nodes in the coeliac region but these are not pathologically enlarged.  There is however one prominent aortocaval node inferior to the duodenum which measures 9mm in short axis diameter.  This is a little prominent for normal nodes in this area, however, HCV can be associated with some mild lymph node enlargement and given the normal appearance of the remainder of the scan, is less likey to be of clincial significance.
Comment: The liver appears normal with no evidence of cirrhosis, portal hypertension or HCC.  Mildly prominent node in the aortocaval region as described.  This my just relate to the hcv infection as nodal enlargement is not uncommon.

That is part of the report I got.  Even though, they have said that it is not uncommon for nodal enlargement.......I am after treatment has finished, going to go and have another one.  I just want to get it checked out to see what is happening with it.  

I just think personally, that too many things are put down to hcv when maybe, they might not be and they well and truly could be.  I like to get things checked out to make sure that it is was the hcv that has caused this or that and not something else.  I dont want to become complacent.

All the best with everything
take care
Linda x
Thank you
Your video blog is very interesting