Hepatitis C Community
metalic taste in mouth with cronic(chronic) stomac pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

metalic taste in mouth with cronic(chronic) stomac pain

My father-in suffers from cronic (chronic) abdominal pain when he lies down and gets a matelic taste in his mouth but they can find nothing wrong.Now he cant seem to eat with out it bothering him and he has lost 20 pounds.any idea what might be causing this
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Have they checked him for kidney infection?  I had a metallic taste in my mouth for about a week, and that's what the advice nurse thought it was (though what it actually was never diagnosed).  I also had tingling in my extremities, but luckily everything went away fairly fast, without any treatment or antibiotics.
Blank
Broke my own rule here tonight, but It may be two things, One, it could be an old cracked filling which will emit the metallic taste in the mouth. He can wait and see but at some point the tooth will break off and it will be over. I had this happen just recently. I don't know about the abdominal pain which leads me to the second. Two, it may be heavy metal in his blood. Before I had finally lost parts of a filling I had a blood test done because of the metalic tast in my mouth all the time but it came back negative and three weeks later the tooth finally broke off. I would suggest he see a dentist first for some x raysand then go from there.

Hope this helps
jasper
Blank
190885_tn?1333029491
i had a metalic taste in my mouth a few times in the last couple years....i thought it was from having hep c and drinking...it would last sometimes a week or so...lots of pain too...now i'm on a much better diet and no drinking...billy
Blank
I always have a metallic taste when on tx. I thought everyone did.
DeRidder
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank