Hepatitis C Community
missed dose

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

missed dose

I am on week 9/24.....used redipen for first 4 injections and no problems. Started on the new clear click pen which I really don't like. Got pen ready and when I tried to inject nothing happened. No clicking sounds and needle not injecting. Removed it and when I touched the shield the meds squirted out in my face. I didn't get the shot. It was my last pen and can't get a new one until Monday. Today is Friday. Will I be able to take dose on Monday? Do I still take the ribavirin pills since I missed the dose? After 4 weeks I was tested and no virus was showing so I am worried that this is going to be a set back. I am anemic as well. Just need to know what to do??? Hep clinic closed for weekend as is doc office and pharmacist had no clue. Anyone been through this?
Being late one day is never a problem. I take it there is nobody on call at either the clinic or doctors office? I would really try to get a replacement by tomorrow.

And yes keep taking your Riba...........Best to you
In case you are not able to get a new one until Monday then yes I would take it then. You could then either stay on that day each week or ask about taking the next one on Sunday, then Saturday the following week and then back on Fridays for the rest of treatment...
Thanks....no one on call. I am 100 km from the clinic but they are not there. Its Friday night and can't get replacement until Monday. I will keep taking riba. Appreciate your response.
To add to what Can-do said, it would be a good idea to get enough doses so that you are never down to the last dose. That way if something happens (drop the syringe, it does not work, etc.) you will have an extra dose to use if necessary. If I recall correctly, I always had two doses left every time the pharmacy shipped my next box of four syringes.
yes..... I will never let that happen again. Murphys Law that the time it happens is the time you have no extra doses. I will stock up. Thanks
Just wanted to let you know that my doctor gave me the exact same advice that you gave me on the weekend! Take dose today ( Monday ) and then Sunday till I work it back to Friday. Thanks again.....
Glad things worked out for you, now on to SVR........Best to you