Aa
A
A
Close
missed dose
I am on week 9/24.....used redipen for first 4 injections and no problems. Started on the new clear click pen which I really don't like. Got pen ready and when I tried to inject nothing happened. No clicking sounds and needle not injecting. Removed it and when I touched the shield the meds squirted out in my face. I didn't get the shot. It was my last pen and can't get a new one until Monday. Today is Friday. Will I be able to take dose on Monday? Do I still take the ribavirin pills since I missed the dose? After 4 weeks I was tested and no virus was showing so I am worried that this is going to be a set back. I am anemic as well. Just need to know what to do??? Hep clinic closed for weekend as is doc office and pharmacist had no clue. Anyone been through this?
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Being late one day is never a problem. I take it there is nobody on call at either the clinic or doctors office? I would really try to get a replacement by tomorrow.

And yes keep taking your Riba...........Best to you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
In case you are not able to get a new one until Monday then yes I would take it then. You could then either stay on that day each week or ask about taking the next one on Sunday, then Saturday the following week and then back on Fridays for the rest of treatment...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks....no one on call. I am 100 km from the clinic but they are not there. Its Friday night and can't get replacement until Monday. I will keep taking riba. Appreciate your response.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1815939 tn?1377995399
To add to what Can-do said, it would be a good idea to get enough doses so that you are never down to the last dose. That way if something happens (drop the syringe, it does not work, etc.) you will have an extra dose to use if necessary. If I recall correctly, I always had two doses left every time the pharmacy shipped my next box of four syringes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
yes..... I will never let that happen again. Murphys Law that the time it happens is the time you have no extra doses. I will stock up. Thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Just wanted to let you know that my doctor gave me the exact same advice that you gave me on the weekend! Take dose today ( Monday ) and then Sunday till I work it back to Friday. Thanks again.....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Glad things worked out for you, now on to SVR........Best to you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank
Dee1956 commented on Jade59's status
14 hrs ago
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank