Hepatitis C Community
mouths

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

mouths

as regards to mouth and teeth problems i have always had strong nashers but just recently my nashers have become weak i also have lumps in my gums and suffer more from ulcers and i havent started treatment yet hopefully when i do start treatment it wont affect my teeth anymore otherwise i going to sucking everything cos i will ave no teeth
I am not completely sure what 'nashers' are, but it is not uncommon for those on tx to have problems with their teeth and gums.  You need to talk to your doc about that concern, maybe have him talk to your dentist to find out how to minimize the problem.
I hate to rain on your parade, but as you are new to the forum, you don't know that we are limited to 6 questions/threads per day.  Also, it is helpful to post responses to current topics under the thread that is discussing that topic rather than start a new one.  This is a free, unmoderated forum and the only way we get to ask more than six questions a day is for those here to donate to medhelp.com for that purpose.  I remember someone posting about that in the last year and think it was a $25 donation.  How long that gets us an extra question, I have no idea.
Nashers are teeth, cute gnaw gnash gnu...
They suggest strongly that you get your dental work done BEFORE you start tx!!  That's all I know about it.
Sorry you are having to go through this anxiety with your diagnosis. We all do.  The anticipation and what leads up to the treatment can be a bit overwhelming, to say the least.
It will be very helpful for you to go back through this forum and read the questions, answers and general comments that people have pre-treatment, treatment and post treatment. Click into websites that have been mentioned previously as well.  That can give you a huge insight on this illness and the treatment.
Reading this forum and gathering information as much as what was available, helped me so very much when I first found out. I had 5 million questions and concerns. It helped me alot to see other's experiences, complaints and just overall support.

To increase odds of clearing, you should not have any other infections.  You need to see someone about your teeth, my dentist just did touch up work and made sure I had no active infections.  Some restorative work I need, he just said, lets put it off and see if your alive and well 6-12mo post-tx.

But you really do need to read up on the disease.  We can't spoon feed you pre-digested knowledge.  And frankly, many of us aren't too interested w/non-hep c concerns.  I don't bring my tax problems to this board, or my menapausal concerns to this board.

Encouragement you will always find, and people who can let you know you're not alone in what you experience during tx.  B/we're the congegation, not the preacher and not any one's choir.
in relation to bringing in my non hepc problems i am new to this forum and was writing in response to yhe question relating to dental and mouth problems and instead of posting a reply i posted a question instead i have however got the hang of it now i did not mean to annoy anyone
I sat scratching my head, wondering if I should jump in, or just go somewhere else.
  I had so many questions, and I "lurked" on this forum for months before posting. All of us have something other than this virus going on. Please feel free to ask anything. This forum is for SUPPORT and INFORMATION.
  I've been fighting hepatitis since being exposed while in the navy in 1964. I hate to tell you how much time and money I spent trying to treat problems with my teeth and mouth. I finally had oral surgury in 1995 and had what was left taken out. My Docs have said they have no idea if hep and my oral problems were related. No "studies" have been done. I really do feel better without the dental problems, but I sure miss my teeth when someone offers me my favorite snack(cashew nuts).
  Keep hangin in, this is a very slow moving dragon,and we can go on regardless. There are people on this forum that have survived so much more than this pesky virus, and they will be here to offer support and advice.
   GOD BLESS
     BIG CHUCK
thank u big chuck its really nice to know that the support is out there i am from the uk and this disease is still considered quite a taboo topic the general feeling here is u must be a drug user or similar and you must be contagious so i have nick named myself the hepper lepper these forums have certainly given me hope and a lot more understanding into this disease you take care of yourself and god bless you