naomi judd
While I was at work I briefly skimmed over an article in AARP about Naomi Judd. I think I read that she said that she is in remission but will never be totally rid of the virus. Is this the way it is?
yes, it's all in your head, and you no longer feel the pain that you did before, because of a supposed "suggestion" -  a mind-body connection. I just wish that they could explain *pain* for instance, in such succinct and definitive terms.

I also think it serves a purpose for many people to have everything neatly defined and explained..... when, in actuality, there is no real *definitiveness* to many of these issues, as of yet....

hopefully, we are just agreeing to disagree after all, have a good weekend.
whatever

Well, some people, even on this thread, didn't really testify to the "arc" you're speaking about. Many here, not just on this thread.....but on previous threads, have just spoken about having chronic pains, and otherwise.....they do this procedure, then it's gone....in a relatively short time after the procedures have finished.

Anything is possible after all, but it sounds pretty simple to me, to make the deduction that maybe the procedure itself had something to do with the pains/etc. being gone. But obviously not to others. Respectfully, have a good weekend yourself.
Personally, I don't think anything is possible. The world is not flat, the stars are not cows, and herbs have never cured hep C. It is one thing to be open minded, but that also exposes us to having our minds filled up with junk, especailly when we are vulnerable, as us Heppers are. There are a lot of people out there who see the Heppers or Cancer patients looking for comfort, who are willing to provide it for a price. They will often promise a "long term treatment" (funny that, long term can't be measured, and will cost more money).  Sadly, for many, all this price will do will be to take away from the futures of our families and children, to give to theirs (especially with the Cancer clinics in Mexico and similar).
It doesn't have to be either/or. For those not familiar, Dr. Robert Gish is an internationally respected hepatologist known for an agressive treatment approach using western medicine. Misha Cohen is...well, read the blub.

http://tinyurl.com/ypbh74

Love to stick around for the discussion, but it's time for this SVR to go to bed.

Night all.

-- Jim
how do you extrapolate what I said, to the world being flat or round? those issues are not up for debate, some of these others are...mostly theories from different scientists, who will be the first to tell you that they are not fully explained yet.

And I agree with you that there are charlatans there, ready to make a fast buck...just not all....and this is precisely what these forums are for, along with support.....adult patients who want to make their own decisions about these things and have the opportunity to see many sides to these arguments....some will side with your point of view, others with mine, others will think we're both full of it.... and the truth for them lies somewhere in the middle, or way outside of all this...
This RVR UND (30 odd weeks in, I don't like to count) needs to take a sleeping pill to ignore this interferon buzzing. My Friday night "take my mind of this stuff "routine is these boards now, how sad :-). Night all.
and the truth for them lies somewhere in the middle, or way outside of all this...

A moral relativist I take it? lol

"We want to believe that this person who treats us "special" is the best Chinese "doctor" there is, and also follows every health precuations."

Obviously, this was an intentional barb/sarcastic response....to my post and my experience with alternative meds. I had been in a clinical trial...and lost most of my hair....my arms looked like sticks and i looked in the mirror one morning and thought that I must be dying. I had just buried my father who died from mastasticized colon cancer (spread to liver) and  was starting to look an awful lot like him. My hep. dr. at the time did not explain things to me....my own fault...I was scared to ask too. I was introduced, by chance, to someone who helped me tremendously...whom I went to see once a week for at least a year. Call it what you will....but kindness, empathy, and most importantly the knowledge and desire to help me was a blessing and I know was a gift from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, that Norman was a fellow believer was an added blessing. Possibly, I am misinterpreting what I see as insulting behavior towards me. I hope so 'cause like most of us here...I come for advice and support. I don't agree with everyone...but I do attempt to respect their beliefs, and their feelings.
ps. and YES...I do KNOW that every precaution was made. I was more concerned about me giving it to him than I was vice versa! (though i was UND)
I am sorry you feel insulted. I was expressing my personal view, which is different from yours. It is no less valuable than yours though. IMO there are a lot of people out there, taking a lot of Heppers and Cancer patients for a ride. Maybe you don't feel that way, but I do. If I needed more money, the thought has occured to me that setting up an alternative medicine clinc aimed at Heppers would be an easy way to make it. I would tell people how special they are, how they have been poluted by toxins, how we can clean this by herbs over a long term treatment. I might even promise them an extra special treatment that costs even more, when my patient gets sicker (of course, the sickness is not because of the virus, but the bad food my patient eats and the polution they digest). I'm not saying alternatvie doctors don't believe this stuff, maybe some of them do, but belief does not eliminate a virus.

It is a natural instinct to want to think that our special doctor is better than our real doctor, because they are more kind to us (i.e. don't tell us the truth, real doctors can seem cold for this reason). But the hard evidence does not support alternative treatments.Yes you will find many people who says, this helped me, or that helped me, but how do we know, when people want these things to help them, and may have got better naturally anyway? Unless the treatment for Hep C promises a potential "SVR", all we are doing is trying to manage symptoms, not cure the illness. To each their own as to how much they want to pay for such symptom management.
I believe personal experience overides personal "view". Jus' my opinion....
and it wasn't that I was "told" how "special" I was....by any means. I just no longer was treated like a number..but as a human being with some dignity and how I would want to treat others...in a similiar situation...with respect.

Of course, there are charlatons with snake oils...there always have been...
Life 101
Again, I was not trying to kill HCV...what I was doing was boosting my own immune system that had been compromised DUE to tx and HCV. and this is going back 10 years.
'nough said
I think medical doctors are often a certain type of person. They are typically very very smart, and see many many patients. Some of them can not easily relate to you or I, or many not have very good personal skils. They almost operate on a different level. I don't mind that, the key to me is that they have the experince and expertise, not how nicely they talk to me. But that's just me.

If we need comfort elsewhere, I can see the point of a psycologist, massage therapist, sun tan clinic, hockey game (that's me) or whatever it is that we like. But we need to be realistic about why we are going there. That reason, is not to cure the disease, but to feel a bit better about ourselves.
"not how nicely they talk to me. But that's just me"
That Was never my concern...how they talked to me yadayadayada..............

I seriously think you need some acupuncture or at the very least a massage. lol

personal experience or anecdotal evidence may color how an individual sees things but it doesn't add to a scientific body of empirical data and knowledge in my view.  I have no problem with people doing things that they feel help them as long as they don't substitute them for cures and as long as they aren't making their problems worse.  And even then, if that person is an adult, it's their perogative to do whatever they want with their own body.  It's the reason we have living wills.  I just don't like the fact that other people expect me to change my view and want to argue with me about it all day.

MOA is not, in his defense, pulling what he is saying out of the air.  These are standard viewpoints taught in philosophy, sociology and psychology courses throughout the country to explain why people behave and think in the manner that they do.

I don't agree with him that doctors are typically very very smart.  Lots of dim bulbs out there in every profession.  However, there are brilliant physicians and I hope everyone here finds the best in their area so we can all do well.
also, I think its valid for MOA to be particularly strong in his concerns about this subject since his own father-in-law was probably infected by an unscrupulous practitioner.  I'm sure there are practitioners who believe what they do is helping people and who use clean implements.  I just happen to agree with him that it is Western medicine that has improved longevity and quality of life.  

I was going to give my own anecdotal evidence again about how Western medicine has worked in my own life, but realized that doesn't work in a scientific model any more than someone else's anecdotal evidence about folk remedies when I stop and think about it.  You have to take the whole of both and run studies that show efficacy or lack thereof.

And yes, medical mistakes happen too.  Stupid people abound in every profession.  (just ask me how often my product to customers gets shipped wrong even with perfect instructions) oy!

And LadyWhy, I am glad you are doing better and sorry for your difficulties :) and I too pray, both for myself and others.  Mostly for others though.  I hate to be greedy.  I am sure that shocks everyone.  I just believe God set things up in a deliberate and scientific fashion with certain immutable pricinples that lend themselves to be studied and drawn upon by bright minds.
I just don't like the fact that other people expect me to change my view and want to argue with me about it all day.

who's arguing with you?

and regarding your above comment...that is exactly how I feel!

I don't know why you feel the need to defend anyone but...but, your perogative!
....this certainly sounds extremely condescending....."These are standard viewpoints taught in philosophy, sociology and psychology courses throughout the country to explain why people behave and think in the manner that they do". I too have taken a few courses.....
Be well...good luck txing.

Try txing for the 30 wks and more...see how bright your mind is.....
I'm not doing better now....I'm apathetic, exhausted and have a fever....and more..............maybe even like MH...a lil grumpy.

I just don't appreciate personal insults and disrespect to others, (or myself), their own experience, opinions and/or knowledge and when it happens...I can get ticked off...blame it on the meds...or jus' lack of patience...when someone comes across outta nowhere..who seems to think they have all the answers.
Ahhh, if only.......................someone (here) did.

Moahunter: "Unless the treatment for Hep C promises a potential "SVR", all we are doing is trying to manage symptoms, not cure the illness. To each their own as to how much they want to pay for such symptom management."

The trouble with debating, is that sometimes main premises get lost in all the back and forth. Your statement summed up what we've been saying all along. Not one poster here said that these other methods of treatment actually ERADICATE the virus.

There are people here who are doing these other things because they just want help with their SYMPTOMS, maybe they are going to treat with the big guns soon, or have treated conventionally and it didn't work. When you have some of these symptoms, just feeling better, or much better, is worth the RELATIVELY LOW EXPENSE of acupuncture, etc. Respectfully.

alagirl: forgive me if I'm wrong, but some of your posts back to me sounded a bit hostile and/or sarcastic, if you were kidding with this following post, then that's fine, cause I have a sense of humor, or I like to think so. You took my following statement as moral relativism?

"and the truth for them lies somewhere in the middle, or way outside of all this...

A moral relativist I take it? lol

That statement I made has nothing to do with moral relativism. But like I say, if you were kidding, fine.

Then you go on to say this: "I just don't like the fact that other people expect me to change my view and want to argue with me about it all day."

I'm sorry, but didn't YOU take up the issue that other's people's experience with acupuncture and feeling better for it..... was just these people in denial and psyching themselves out?

Then you proceeded to try and back up your premise with further arguments? Just like the rest of us? Certainly posting after I left. It's a two-way street.

When many people debate certain issues here, they could be just defending, or stating their own beliefs on any given topic, and debating others....It's a discussion board after all, it's not necessarily about changing the *other* person's mind or opinions.  Since you know about psychology (I was a psych major myself) then you probably know about *projection*. Respectfully.

When I say lol, you can take it that I'm joking.  I was.  God's an absolutist, but Jesus was a relativist.
my quote.

Anyway.

I don't feel like you're ok with me having the view I have.  You do seem to keep wanting to pick apart what you claim to see as "inconsistencies" in my view, then you make what I see as veiled snide comments insinuating in one post that I'm what, anal? (ha! lol you should see my house) a control freak? and now, that I have difficulties in my mind that I am projecting onto others?  

Well I have one for you.  Denial ain't just another river in Egypt baby.

I don't believe my view is inconsistent and I don't feel like debating you about it anymore.  But you keep bringing it up.  Even though I'm through talking about it with you.

I said I don't believe in the efficacy of acupuncture and herbs but also said that people are free to disagree and have their own views.  I also said that I am definitely willing to revisit both of those topics if new research comes out.  Anecdotal evidence on side effects and/or cures is not research.  Last time I checked.  Maohunter was trying to clarify certain psychological principles about improper research methods in experimentation and in proving hypotheses that are in every psych 101 textbook.    

And while I'm at it, I resent on behalf of whomever it was directed the veiled hints back and forth on the alcohol study that was posted that people who disagree with the alcohol postings are either former or current alcoholics.  Just so THAT'S out in the open.  I don't know enough about the history of this board to know to whom those comments were really directed but I can only think that it's one of the more demoralizing things I've seen here to refer to what may or may not EVEN BE someone's past or current difficulty with substances.  I have to think that there aren't any perfect people here.  But then, you know what my mama always says, Nobody's nearly as righteous as a reformed sinner.

From now on, If you or someone else has something snarky to say, just say it.  
-----------------
Trust me, you still come across as a pretty smart cookie.  As for me, two days on riba and I'm already in a fog.  I was hoping it would take a lot longer than that.  I couldn't find my purse in my cart last night when my girlfriend took me to the store.  She said, what is WRONG with you?  I gave her my most scathing look and said, You did NOT just ask me that.  She said, oh yeah.  Sorry.
Just a suggestion: As you said: "I don't know enough about the history of this board" You are just beginning tx. I get the sense that you are struggling and have some resentments....I think it might be a good idea to read up, browse the archives..and get a better understanding of this forum. I know that in my case...it has been a lifesaver. Without many of these people who have reached out to me with either a phone call...riba delivered to me from a fellow hepper, when I had problems wth insurance, advice about PCR's..etc..etc.. I could not imagine having to go through this w/o the emotional/medical/comraderie/ support and care of the people here. As I have said from the beginning..this place has been a gift from God for me. Again, you just started tx...try not to burn bridges...when you (may) really need help w/ sx or need to discuss something...the beauty of this place is that someone is always here. 4C...is one of those people...who has been very supportive to many, if not all new comers and has also added alot of valuable information....
I hope you sail thru tx....I'm not...but....that doesn't stop me from having faith. That's really what most of this is about..for me. data vs.my faith.  Not faith in medical dr.s or alternative healers, but in my God of whom I know as Jesus Christ.  
Faith and Hope...that's what is gonna get me through this.
Sincerely
Yvonne
"One day at a time"
Just read your comment, "one smart cookie" Thank you.

Not that I'm not always "trying" to understand the scientific data and learning about this disease every day...it's become my hobby, you might say...
In my case with double dosing both peg and riba...it's a long shot for me....but...God is Sovereign...and I'm doing what I can.
Hope you have a nice day.
Y
look, I tried to be civil in the beginning of this thread up till the end  (people can judge for themselves) you didn't...you came off as very condescending to people who made accounts of their experiences with these things.....to me you are projecting. I have no idea about veiled control freak accusations, that's in your head. I have no idea what youre talking about relative to an alcohol thread either. Other people have debated you and pointed these things out to you, yet I get the recriminations for these things. I must of really rubbed you the wrong way, and for that I'm sorry.

I have been waaay too argumentative (particularly when the arguments get circular and reach dead ends) in this thread, maybe because I'm nervous about certain things, I own that, perhaps you will too.

I really just try to debate points that I disagree with, and not get sarcastic or personal. They are just words on a discussion group post, people really don't know me here (unless I know them offline) and I really don't *know* anyone here either.

I've seen many members get off to a bad start with arguments getting too personal, only to be great friends later on in the proceedings. Or some people just choose to ignore each other for the good of the board. I truly wish you well in your treatment, and give you the last word on this if you want, I too am tired of this debate.
Sometimes people's styles are just different and there are some people who just aren't going to work as well together due to belief systems or whathaveyou.  Sometimes its better for those people cool off from each other a little.  I'm not always the easiest person to get along with and I'm aware of that.  I'm also very opinionated and I don't beat around the bush about what I think and a lot of people may not like that.  I'm aware of that.  If there are people who therefore want nothing to do with me, I understand.  

I do care about others, and you and I share the same faith.  I don't necessarily know if I'll clear but I always trust there's a way to work with whatever happens.  When bad things happen to me, I try to keep a sense of humor about what's happening to me, even if its kind of a dark, sick humor.  

I'm pretty certain I'm going to have difficulty with tx, since I already feel bad.  And I know it will probably get worse than this.  I appreciate the information people have given me here, especially as pertains to anemia, my tests, etc.  And in the end, I just hope and pray that everyone here has the best outcome possible.
can't imagine doubledosing.  My first bad side effect has been my hands.  It hurts badly to type and move them.  My joints are just aching. I am also exhausted (which had just started to get better from the acute phase of the hcv about two days before I started my first dose) have a headache and a low grade fever.  Its all good though.  At least I'm finally on the tx!  
Maybe try soaking your hands (your body) in warm water and Epson salt? Sorry to hear you are already feeling the sx.. Some people start off with heavy sx and then their bodies adjust to the meds..after a number of wks..they are feelin' better. Hopefully, you'll fit that category. What are your stats? vl, genotype etc... Please explain "acute phase"? How long do you think you have had this virus?

Now that I'm thinking about it...Salt might not be good...could dry out your skin...hummm. Maybe just soaking in a warm tub...
I love baths!  I took a warm one last night and it helped some.  A lot of times a hot bath helps my migraines too because the heat dialates your blood vessels.  So I took a lortab then got into the tub.  I know when I got hcv because I had negative tests quarterly last year, then in december of last year, april of this year, and then on 6-21 of this year.  (took hiv and hepatitus screens each time and negative for both).  Then I was raped on 7-1.  I had planned to do both the hiv and hepatitis screens anyway, due to the rape but about three or so weeks after the rape I had flu-like symptoms and became progressively more ill.  I got an ulcer on my leg at about that time too that still hasn't healed, I still don't know if that's part of it, but anyway.  So I did the HIV and HepC screen at the end of August (almost two months after the rape) and it came back positive for hepC.

I made an appt to see a specialist for two weeks from that time but due to all the smart people on this board I went ahead and got a viral load and genotype done.  My viral load was I either 182,000 or 187,000 (mind you, this was in the first week of November and I haven't had it taken since and I just started tx yesterday.  And my genotype was 1b.  Unfortunately, the lab longer than usual to return the results.

I have had difficulty voiding urine, pain up under my ribcage, and just general exhaustion and severe nausea that would not go away with phenergan while in the acute phase (before treatment).  My liver enzymes, which have always been in single digits, also went up for the first time in my life.  To complicate things a little, I have too much iron in my liver because a previous doctor od'd me on it intraveneously and I have three tumors in my liver.  I forgot to add that the acute episode seems to have caused me to have a little more problem making blood.  Anyway, they did a catscan to check on my liver and the tumors Friday.  If they haven't changed size, and I'm sure they're prob fine, all of that is cool.

Due to the massive amount of past bloodwork I am able to rule out having had hepc previously.  Oddly, its my ignorance about hepc that led to the bloodwork.  Since I have anemia I catch things easily.  I had a partner at the beginning of 2006 that I learned wasn't faithful.  The relationship ended but I worried about possible transmission of anything so I decided just to be safe to screen for hepatitis and hiv quarterly.  My last test would have been the 6-21 test if I hadn't been raped.  I forgot to mention.  My rapist was an IV drug user.  I don't know of any other exposure I could have possibly had.  Fortunately, I was already vaccinated for the hep a and b prior to the rape.  eek sorry that was so long.
Well...there is no "good" way to get it...but that's just awful. How are you doing emotionally with this? Is the pycho in prison...and has he been tested? I believe more charges can be brought against him, if they haven't already. You've had your fair share...that's certain. The one good thing is, thankfully, you did catch it in the acute stage....and pretty darn low vl. I understand you have a better chance at SVR. Would any of us have ever guessed what was in store...years ago? It's certainly a trip.
I love this thread.....so much going on and it's all critical info....to the person doing the talking:)
I respectfully disagree with all....and I'm on everyone's side too!
I can see both sides of the discussion......just wanted to get in the last word....ha! Fat chance:)
Hugs to all...peace...
Bug
promise I'll shut up, but here is a recent study from the Journal of Internal Medicine...in the study (saw this on a news program) the sham acupuncture is acupuncture, but not in the traditional Chinese Acupuncture points....

Randomized, Multicenter, Blinded, Parallel-Group Trial With 3 Groups
Michael Haake, PhD, MD; Hans-Helge Müller, PhD; Carmen Schade-Brittinger; Heinz D. Basler, PhD; Helmut Schäfer, PhD; Christoph Maier, PhD, MD; Heinz G. Endres, MD; Hans J. Trampisch, PhD; Albrecht Molsberger, PhD, MD
Arch Intern Med. 2007;167:1892-1898.

Background  To our knowledge, verum acupuncture has never been directly compared with sham acupuncture and guideline-based conventional therapy in patients with chronic low back pain.

Methods  A patient- and observer-blinded randomized controlled trial conducted in Germany involving 340 outpatient practices, including 1162 patients aged 18 to 86 years (mean ± SD age, 50 ± 15 years) with a history of chronic low back pain for a mean of 8 years. Patients underwent ten 30-minute sessions, generally 2 sessions per week, of verum acupuncture (n = 387) according to principles of traditional Chinese medicine; sham acupuncture (n = 387) consisting of superficial needling at nonacupuncture points; or conventional therapy, a combination of drugs, physical therapy, and exercise (n = 388). Five additional sessions were offered to patients who had a partial response to treatment (10%-50% reduction in pain intensity). Primary outcome was response after 6 months, defined as 33% improvement or better on 3 pain-related items on the Von Korff Chronic Pain Grade Scale questionnaire or 12% improvement or better on the back-specific Hanover Functional Ability Questionnaire. Patients who were unblinded or had recourse to other than permitted concomitant therapies during follow-up were classified as nonresponders regardless of symptom improvement.
Results  At 6 months, response rate was 47.6% in the verum acupuncture group, 44.2% in the sham acupuncture group, and 27.4% in the conventional therapy group. Differences among groups were as follows: verum vs sham, 3.4% (95% confidence interval, –3.7% to 10.3%; P = .39); verum vs conventional therapy, 20.2% (95% confidence interval, 13.4% to 26.7%; P < .001); and sham vs conventional therapy, 16.8% (95% confidence interval, 10.1% to 23.4%; P < .001.

Conclusions  Low back pain improved after acupuncture treatment for at least 6 months. Effectiveness of acupuncture, either verum or sham, was almost twice that of conventional therapy.

You are so funny! I l think I'll look for your posts to start each day with a laugh. Good to see ya!!
In Alabama you can have even a suspected rapist tested.  However.  I also live in a town that has maybe 10k people in it and I'm in a business that makes food.  So...  It would tend to blow my cover that I'm in chemo for the tumors in my liver, ya know? lol

Anyway, they are still prepping the case for grand jury, and it is taking a long time.  Which is ok, because he's in jail on other charges.  Theft or something.  I forget, did I mention that four days after the rape I found the screen off of one of the downstairs windows and there was a full gascan right next to it?  I kinda thought it was a message...  You know.  Don't go to the police or something like that.  Naturally, I went to the police.  They didn't seem to take it very seriously.

Anyway, then I started feeling bad and then worse, and then a few weeks later I found out why...  And since then, pretty much I've been much more consumed with my health than the criminal justice system.  After all, I've got a good treatment window for this virus, but there's no statute of limitations on rape in Alabama.  I figure they have plenty of time to do what they need to do to him.  And I have a lot of loaded guns in the house now, lol, so I'm not worried about him coming back here.  I am not as traumatized as I feel like I should be.  I was attacked in my sleep.  I knew who the guy was.  And when I woke up, someone I knew had undressed me and was raping me.  I screamed at him to get away from me and he left.  That's a short version, but the point is, I wasn't struck or knifed or injured.  Unfortunately, he is a profound and severe IV drug user (hence all the burglaries, to finance his habit apparently), and also unfortunately for me, I have had several surgeries on my urethra, such that intercourse allows blood contact easily because it is much too short.  In fact, I have antibiotics I am supposed to take orally after regular intercourse every time.  

That's the only thing I can figure in terms of transmission.
Glad to be here adn to hear from you both!
I believe in acupuncture, tho I've never tried it...guess that's faith:)
Hugs,
Bug
How you doing girl :) I know you've got a lot on your plate these days but wondering if you at least got a call in to find out what weeks they will test you for viral load and what tests they will use. The earlier you get some firm answers, the more time you have to get the tests you want, assuming they weren't going to give them to you. I also strongly suggest you have your hemoglobin tested no later than a week after you started the riba, even earlier if you feel tired. That said, probably nothing dramatic will happen with the hgb until at least week 2, assuming something dramatic will happen, which hopefully it won't.

All the best,

-- Jim
Hello, sorry it took me so long to get back on line.  I guess my definition of really sick is nausea, not being able to get out of bed, anxiety, headaches, fever. I don't really know what to expect.  Brain fog,is another one.  my highlest lft's were in april @ alt of 152, ast of 75.  viral load of 531,000.  Enzymes are still high, albumin dipped down to 3.5, but is now back up to 4.3.  Didn't have a biopys, just an ultrasound, which showed normal with a hint of coarsening.   bilirubin is good.

My first tx is 11/2, so i guess i am getting a little nervous, but really want to get it over with.  Trying to be cautiously optimistic about the treatment.  Appreciate everyone's comments and any positive feedback about the treatments is really appreciated.  Thanks, Donna
Hi My name is Kathleen & I have Hep C 1 too as well. Idk how I got it, but gave had it for 7 yrs, & found out when I donated blood at college in '03.
I might have got it from active duty army from dirty needle from shots,sex, toothbrush, or a razor. I've been going to Ms.Reed at the VA hospital in Temple for 6 yrs, & she just medically retired because her husband is ill. I have a Splty Hep C Dr now that is pretty good & we've been talking about Vertex. Have you ever heard of this yet?! I heard that it's really close to being passed by the FDA. I might take this trtmnt this yr because the Dr said that I'm an eligible candidate
because I'm only 32, not working right now, & my viral load is pretty low-850,000. I am doing a lotta
research & need some other Dr's opinions too.
I want to know first if this trtmt makes women & men infertile. I have no kids yet & want to have them someday. Do you or anyone else know about this medcn/trtmnt?! I need help, support, & advice please from anyone!!!!
You need to go to Post a question-not post a comment.That way you start a new thread with your question.This is a fairly old thread. That way everyone will see it.
When I was first diagnosed, I heard about Naomi Judd and I was under the impression she had treated with SOC. Does anyone know if she did or did not? On her site she says "I've been completely free from the Hep C virus since 1995 now and my prayer is for you to join me."
She never really says if she treated or not.  And she said that she is in remission but will never be totally rid of the virus?  What does that mean?
With all these lingering questions about remission, omissions and other missions, I say if you feel well and the doctor says you're doing fine and your liver function is normal, then don't worry, be happy. I'm considered early stages Cirrhosis, but my liver functions are normal, with plenty of energy and  looking forward to treatment with the PI's simply because I want to give my liver a rest and to bring down the swelling.

Talk about swelling (AST, ALT), it's been lower than in years. I was first diagnosed in 1994, failed 4 treatments, but still here to tell the tale. After the last Liver Panel and seeing the drop in AST, ALT, and going from MELD 7 to 6, the doctor said keep doing whatever it is that you're doing.

What I'm doing is an 8oz glass of pure grapefruit juice daily, 1000mg Milk Thistle daily, 500MG Vitamin C daily, Alpha Lipoic Acid at 200mg three times per week, Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil with Omega-3 at 1000mg daily, and last but not least a couple of hits of marijuana daily (for Insomnia and Arthritic pain). So if this is an indication of getting these reading better, so be it. Otherwise, it's up to you...

Magnum
Why not just stick to your own ideas without insulting others who have theirs? What the bleep do you know, to quote a very insightful movie.
I guess some folks don"t read the dates on these things....

tunelief:
Possibly alagirl will pop back in after being gone for 5 years and chat with you about whatever it is you are upset about.....

Thx. for the contribution to the group.....

Will

Hello, who are you talking to?

Did you see this post is from 2007?

Did you really just join this forum to insult someone who isn't even posting here anymore?
I suggest you open your eyes and read next time before bothering to type.
Makes you wonder who this person really is.
Ha ha....just ha ha!
I'm gonna go yell at my ex husband (who is now engaged to someone else) for something he did in 1989...I'm still not done with that argument...Ha, I'm sorry Will and OH, that's just too funny, ha...thanks for the laugh today!
I swear I saw her on Oprah and I swear she said she treated. That was the reason she had to quit.singing.
Yes, I also heard she treated after trying alternative then dr Weil jumped on the wagon and helped her with her SE with alternative care. I heard she had a pretty tough go of it but made it through and started singing again.

Mo
Someone yelling at Alagirl who was a good member of this forum for years and a friend to many who had been brutally raped and infected with HCV?

Wow.