Hepatitis C Community
newly diagnosed

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

newly diagnosed

Is there any natural treatment that i can start doing to try to rid my body of this? I just contracted it and an very scared. I was also rooms i have hep b. I'm really depressed n so angry at myself.
Is there any natural treatment that i can start doing to try to rid my body of this?
No.

"I just contracted it"
How you just became infected?
How were you infected?

Assuming you are infected after being properly tested and diagnosed... thorough serologic and virologic testing is required in HBV/HCV co-infected patients prior to consideration of treatment.

Assessment of the "dominant" virus is helpful in determining a treatment strategy. Caution must be taken with treatment of coinfected individuals, as increased liver disease after beginning therapy has been described, likely due to loss of viral suppression from the successfully treated dominant virus.

In co-infected patients with HCV dominant disease, interferon plus ribavirin treatment has been well studied and has proven efficacy.
In patients with HBV dominant disease, IFN with or without lamivudine is a reasonable option. Further studies of other HBV treatment agents such as adefovir and entecavir are needed before these agents can be routinely recommended, though they may be used on a case-by-case basis.
Hepatitis C can be cured permanently. Hepatitis B can never be cured, only suppressed.

See a GI who has experience treated patients that are co-infected. If you really are co-infected managing of your liver disease will possibly more complex than others with only one virus.

Good luck.
Hector
If you have caught it within the last 6 months, you can be treated easier, with Interferon.
   If it is beyond the 6 month "acute" period, then you have chronic Hep C (and B)  This can be Treated the way Hector (above) has explained.
   I just came by to tell you that there is no "natural" or alternative medicine, to clear up Hep C. Believe me, I tried everything I read about. I wasted alotof money on tons of supplements, etc, but after 20 yrs of all these vitamins/supplements, healthy life-style (no alcohol or hard drugs) exercise daily, etc...I still ended up with a damaged liver.
   When you are coinfected with Hep B and C, then it can be more fast moving, so it is best to treat now. It becomes harder to treat, as we age, becuase our immune systems weaken.
  I myself have studied this in dept and have had a couple of people try to tell me eat lots of greens and exercise and it will go away.  Guess what ? it does not, I have searched until my wallet was empty and my fingers were sore from this keyboard but I cannot find another way to get rid of it, so I am doing the Meds, save yourself the time and effort.   Good luck..
If you recently contracted HCV then you should have time to wait for easier treatments. The new oral drugs coming out are not bad. I know nothing about Hep. B, you need to see an experienced Hepetologist to help you tx for both.
As far as natural remedies. Take it from someone who has been there (and who still stands by alternative healing for many things) nothing will stop this virus but the pharma drugs. Nothing.
Having said that, you can spare your liver a lot of damage while you are waiting to treat by eating well (a lot of ppl like the anti-inflammatory Paleo diet) not drinking alcohol or smoking and avoiding anything toxic to your liver.
Please don't  be hard on yourself-it won't help. We have all done things we regret, what is important what you do now.