Hepatitis C Community
news from the shrink

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

news from the shrink

well shrink says lithium is the answer...i guess now i am officially nuts...600 mg. check kidney function in 10 days. off work until then . oh woes me..well ltd did send notice my file is being reviewed. my hubby is working more hours, thank goodness...he's been a real pia as of late..seems to forget i am going through tx sometimes.

52 tele i will call him and ask about that med. this is what i told him..i just need something to be able to stay focused at least 7.5 hrs a day..screw the rest..lol..do you aim? if so i can be caught there sometimes to talk.. stangschelly ..and of course this goes for all you great buddies out there...groove has me short of breath but on a good note i am pretty sure i am clearing the virus...i feel better ..just need to get rid of brain fog...and need to get back to work! keep smilin all :) shelly
Avatar n tn
I hope this works for you.

I too have been pondering the decision of an AD and not familiar with any and know some don't work for all. I want to be proactive in choosing..so I always read those threads
Avatar n tn
Lithium is SERIOUS stuff. Are you sure there isnt something else out there that can help you?
I dont want to say too much on the matter, only cuz Im sure I will offend someone,....but dont just take what some shrink says to take. some of these guys think they are god, and will prescribe "on their gut feeling" rather than on the facts. They see so many patients everyday, hear so many symptoms, I think it would be real easy for these guys to "throw your name into a "subgroup" and just give the standard pills
I am not really trying to be negative, but have seen what happens to some people after a physch doc gets hold of them.
If you are going to take this medication, do some research on it to prepare yourself, it is quite powerful.
I would also be very sure it was OK to take Lithium on treatment, I am not sure you can take both. Check with your doctor and the pharmacist before you take it while on tx.
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
stilltrying1965 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Track your weight over time