Hepatitis C Community
non-needle device?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

non-needle device?

I have a question about a new device that's being used, I think it's being used, but I'm not sure and I don't understand how it works.  Anyways the device is called DosePro or sumatriptone DosePro, could be that is the only drug it is currently being used with but it's a needle free system that is used to inject yourself in the stomach.  Does anyone know anything about this needle free system.  I'm not afraid of needles at all, let's get real here.  Has anyone heard of this state of the art technology or has it been around and I'm just out of the loop?  A subcutaneus device?  I wonder if the peg and riba or the SOC is actually subcutaneus or IM?  To me there's a difference as in my mind sub-q is under the skin, like a T-B shot and IM is just what it is, intramuscular.  Anyone?  
I haven't heard of this device. Sound interesting.

FYI, the PegIFN is subcutaneous and the Ribavirin is oral.

Marcia
http://www.pr-inside.com/zogenix-licenses-european-development-and-r492090.htm

here a link to something i read about it.

peace

rita
going to go read this link, the military for a time used a sort of air gun to vaccinate.  They discontinued use of it,

deb
deb forgot the link, but I think the jist was that some small amount of aeorsol blood would come out of the skin, transfer to the device, and then that blood could transfer to the next injectee.

If you were to use such a device on only yourself then you would avoid that contamination.
However, you would still have to sterilize after every shot.
Reason is virion can transfer back in....say you were getting down to UND ...you wouldn't want some of last weeks virions reentering your system.

some in here even change their toothbrushes weekly to avoid possible reintroduction of the virions. So, just some thoughts.
MB
The military used those air guns on me before they quit. They found out that the multi dose vial of vaccine was actually being contaminated through some sort of reflux on injection and that led to others being innoculated from that multi dose vial and also being injected with the virus.............and if you flinch when they hit the trigger its like a laser that cuts a long slice!!!
That is very screwed up about the military, is there litigation going on as a result?  That is sooo wrong and plain stupid on sooo many levels.  This was the first I had heard of any type or airgun device.  Of course this device is different as it is for a one injection use period.  Man!!  I am sooo proud to be an American, but what a big mess, the military created just by not thinking, assuming or whatever the case.  That's a true shame and sorry to hear so many got infected, including you.  Soldiers must have caught other diseases as well.  later