Hepatitis C Community
none

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

none

I AM 63years old just diagnosed with hep c  genotype 2b if I decided not to have treatment  what would my chances be I am n good health have been my whole life except in 2011 I was diagnosed with cancer I am now cancer free  
That really depends on the condition of your liver.  Have you had a biopsy?
Nobody can tell you what your chances are.  Having a biopsy done will give you an idea and maybe change your mind about treatment.  New treatment for genotype 2 is on the eve of FDA approval.  You should really educate yourself about Hepatitis C and treatment.  Education in the key to hepatitis C.

You are possibly in a position to treat with the latest interferon free treatment for your genotype.

DWBH
Many can have chronic hep c and be without symptoms for years, and some may not even progress to cirrhosis and ESLD, however, it's hard to predict the nature of this disease as to how fast it can progress.
Have you had a liver biopsy to stage and grade the health of your liver?
Without a full assessment it would be difficult for even the top hep docs to answer your questions.
I have not had a biopsy , my dr wants me to read all I can on hep c  genotype 2b and then make my decision about treatment
I am trying to educate my self  do you know any good sites that will help me thank u so much so many questions
You're in the right place to learn and to ask questions. There are others here with geno 2b, who have treated and attained SVR.
Also, as the other member mentioned there are newer meds coming which are close to getting FDA approval and may be on the market in the near future. Has your hepatologist mentioned to you about these new trial meds which are looking promising for better shortened treatments with fewer side effects?

Welcome to the forum
Welcome to the forum! You can learn a lot by poking around here on the forums, or you can visit www.hcvadvocate.org. They have all the info in a very well-organized layout with lots of "fact sheets" on various topics, so its easier to find, so I think it makes the best starting point for your education. Then come back to the forum with specific questions on anything that wasn't stated clearly. Good luck!
ooops! poor woman I mean...
In my daily update that I receive by email I found this item:

none   Hepatitis C - 4 new posts
www.hcvadvocate.org is primarily funded by BigPharma and has absolutely no discussion of the many very serious side effects of INF combination therapy....
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/1973405

I'm very interested in this comment and would like to read the rest of it and see who posted it, but it isn't showing up at all when I go to read the thread again. Is this a forum glitch or does it mean a moderator removed the post? Could the moderators at least leave a note under those circumstances, that a section was removed, to help with possible confusion? Can whoever posted that comment send me a pm?
Yes the poster of that message had two comments removed, the one you mention and another very negative comment about treatment that seemed to be venting on his part but also was way off topic for this thread. I responded telling him to take it easy and not scare the poor woman with horror stories about treatment (you'll never be the same, etc) especially since she is a gen 2 like me and has a shot at the non-interferon very soon. My response was removed too, except for the poor woman comment which is now out of context. I agree it would be nice if there was a moderator comment when something is removed.
a vert good site to educated yourself about hepatitis C is "hepatitis.va.gov"
That site will hep you understand by walking you though lesson plans.  Is very interesting and informative.  Ceanothus as has given you a reference to
"hcvadvocate.org"  this is also a very good site and gives great information under "fact sheets".  

The key to hepatitis C is education.

DWBH
Sorry....please read the above post I sent toMagTX.  Meant to go to you.

DWBH