Hepatitis C Community
oral sex and hep C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

oral sex and hep C

Can a woman get hepatitis C from man performing oral sex on her? Also can you get hep C from deep kissing?
There's no evidence that hepatitis C is spread by oral sex.

However, if you have multiple partners you should take precautions. Using condoms will not only protect your partners from hepatitis C, but they will also protect you from other dangerous diseases, such as HIV and hepatitis B.

Hepatitis C can spread through sexual intercourse, but it's rare. And it's extremely rare among monogamous couples. In fact, the CDC considers the risk of sexual transmission between monogamous couples so low that it doesn't even recommend using condoms.

This was from "What About Sex With Hepatitis C?" from the WebMD site in the 'Preventing Hep C Transmission section.'
http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/hepc-guide/hepatitis-c-protecting-others

★¸¸.☆  cool feature alert: You can listen to anything you select and high light
Thanks for your response. I recently been involved with a 53 year old man who tested negative for everything but he has never been tested for hep C. We have been intimate as to the extent of him performing oral sex on me and french kissing. Now i am worried that i may have contracted hep C from having him perform oral sex on me. I am sorry to sound so ignorant but just a couple of months ago I had a hep C scare and went for PCR testing and was negative. I am wondering if i should consider getting tested again under these circumstances....sorry to bother you again...I am just scared
id say it never hurts to get the test done better safe then sorry but with the information you gave its very unlikely you contacted it from him
Wow sorry that cut and paste from the CDC web site was not more exact.
Hepatitis C is an infectious blood borne disease. That means *if* he were infected his blood with have to come into contact with your blood. Ways like an open cut or a wound things like that - to enter your blood stream. Based on what you said I think it unlikely but truly, Like Jackie says the only way to ever know is to be tested.