pain meds
I as most of u know was treated for Hip C Type 3  In Jan 2011 through  June 2011. was UND at week 4 First blood draw. I go back to the Dr. in Nov. for a  for check up. I had  osteoarthritis before I began treatment . It was hard some days others  was pretty good. Now I am having pain in back and neck. I was sent by my primary Dr., for bone scan. He said it shows 4th 5th. 6th and neck vert. with swelling it bothers me daily.  But it is now worse than it was like 5 years  ago when  I had previous bone scan. Have any of you ever had this problem if so what did you take for the days when it really is hurting?  I don't want take the new drugs with all the side affects that are out now. I had  taken the generic drug (Ultram ) before treatment and  I could take one in early morning and pain would go   away. Now not sure if I should do that. I quit taking  over the counter when I  found out I had Hip c
bbj
If over the counter pain meds were helping before you treated, now that you are cured and only stage 2 there should not be a problem with them sense you do not have cirrhosis. Remember you have now stop the damage being done to your liver because you no longer have Hep C.

Of course it is always a good ideal to run this by the doctor who treated you for Hep C........... Best to you, good to see you around again.
(Ultram) Tramadol is another opiate occasionally used in low doses in patients with cirrhosis who are experiencing intractable pain because of its impact on peripheral pain pathways, partial inhibition of serotonin reuptake, and low affinity for opioid receptors, thought to result in less sedation, respiratory depression, and potential for tolerance; however, constipation can still be problematic because of anticholinergic adverse effects.40 Caution should be exercised in administering tramadol to epileptic patients because this drug is known to lower the seizure threshold. In addition, tramadol should not be combined with drugs such as morphine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), or anticonvulsants because it can precipitate serotonin syndrome.41 Doses may need to be reduced in patients with renal failure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2861975/
I have never took over 2 of these in a day they are lowest does given. Most days I tolerate the pain and don't take anything.  I  just  try to keep going. We all know arthritis is not curable. Once you have it you keep it. Most of the new drugs that are out  to treat arthritic pain  have such bad side affect. I don't want to do those. The HIP C meds had enough side affects as we all know.
Thanks to all  of you for the advice
I always read this form .
Love prayers an good luck to all of you
bbj