Hepatitis C Community
please help, thank you

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

please help, thank you

hi,

5 weeks ago i kissed a girl by random.

can i infected by hep c by way of mouth kissing? At that time, i'm sure i didnt have a gum disease, and i didnt have or taste any blood (my own blood) in my mouth or lips. The same goes to the girl, when i kissed her, i didnt taste any blood from her lips.

i'm just getting curious because there is 1 or 2 websites says that we can get infected if some infected blood come in contact with our mouth.

i'm just worried, what if there are some blood that i can't taste that time because of, for example, the taste of the girl's lipstick?

please let me know your thoughts on the above, should i worry about infected by hep c, or there is nothing to be worried about?

many thanks,
I have been with my husband for 42 years. He has had Hep C since 1979. i am negative for Hep C.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Get on with your life and count your blessings...

You do not have any risk from this incident. HCV is only transmitted via blood to blood, and even if you did both have bloody wounds in your mouths the transmission rate still would not be high. I think the fact that you are getting worried over just kissing might bode poorly for you however, as it seems to show some tendency towards OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). If kissing gets you worried then you might go into a full panic over some more sexual activities. Keep an eye on that tendency and work on it if you think my guess is right. OCD doesn't destroy your body but it sure can take a lot of the enjoyment out of life and really mess up your mind. I'm not saying you have it, it's just that we see a lot of people who do have it coming on here looking for reassurance over things that aren't even a cause for concern, and I hope you will give yourself an look-over for any tendency that way and get some help if you do see it. If my guess is all wrong, please accept my apologies.