please someone say something
I would really appreciate any opinions at all. Again I'm just asking about the inherent risk of snorting coke a handful of times and hep c.
don't sweat it
Depends if you used a another persons straw or snort device who is a Hep C positive.
Its how I got mine.  However the conditions have to be right.

Ron
just get tested, no need to worry prematurely. I never observed any bloody straws or bills, not saying it doen't happen, but probably pretty rare...unless what you were snorting wasn't pure and had lots of cut in it....some things can give folks bleeds there, like B12 especially....very grainy and irritating.

I wouldn't worry about it though, just get tested to put your mind to rest, and then no more of that yes??
Hep C is a blood borne virus and needs blood to blood contact to transmit.  Infected blood has to mix with uninfected blood.  this is why blood transfusions and Ivdu are the primary methods of transmission .

Snorting cocaine is a risk, probably a small one.  Though if I were you, I wouldn't tempt fate.  If you play with fire enough times, you will get burned.

I would get tested three months after your last snort.  you will probably be neg.  If you cannot stop, get into rehab.  Obviously, cocaine addiction is a serious health hazard, if you contract hep c or not.
I think the risk is minimal, to my knowledge there is not a single documented case of HCV transmission this way. On the other hand, sure, if you're snorting with some massive cokehead with blood running out of his nostrils (and infected with HCV obviously) and he passes the rolled up bill (or straw) to you right after taking a big hit, and then you also have a coke raw nose, and you engaged in this type of behavior over and over - then why not? I can easily see where you could get infected that way. Bottomline is that if this is a past behavior, then just get tested right away and put it to rest one way or another. If it's an ongoing behavior, then stop altogether and get tested now and then follow up a few months later just to be sure.
thats like asking if drinking is ok!!!!!   if you are snorting coke you are possibly playing russian roulette.  from what i have learned about hep c is that it is "very baffling and cunning virus" and how a person gets it is still somewhat of a mystery. you have heard the possible ways of getting this virus ( blood transfusions dirty needles "snortin drugs" swallowing drugs etc )  the exact amount of how much of this virus is transmittable is still up for debate. so keep this in mind each tome you snort one line swallow some coke or lick the plastic bag it comes in just remember that the person who packaged this drug for you might not know he or she has hep c  and in some minut way provides a path for thier hep cto get to you. i am an old time druggie from the past and i cant say for sure were i got the hepc .  thats the problem with this virus you just dont know so i would say the odds were against me but i am to late i played the odds game and lost i did get the virus. so i say to you you might want to go play the lottery you have a better chance of winning!
It was my only risk factor....