Hepatitis C Community
post 6 months

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

post 6 months

My blood came back after 6 months of being finished with meds and they say all levels are normal and Hep C is undetected. Is that it, Im cured?
Can I have a cocktail and scream up and down i did it?
Do I have to never worry again?
Jacquie
Hi jacquie..

Yes you did it. Have a cocktail (just one  :)  and enjoy being cured of having HCV..

Best to you..

Will
Congrats Jacquie, start screaming and dancing since you are SVR!!!  Enjoy your Hep-free life.  
that's great news...now enjoy your new gift of life....
I have read that it's in remission dormant, it can come back like from drinking :( so if I get rid of mine... I'm not chancing it by a drink ;)
Congrats!!!   :D
my understanding is that there is no remission. once the virus is gone, it stays gone. you always will have the antibodies in your system, but the virus is gone.
From what we read on Hep central... Says something different. If ur like me geno type 1
Wonderful news ! Enjoy your cocktail.
If your liver was damaged prior to tx, you might want to go slow with the alcohol until your liver has regenerated.
congratulations!  thanks for sharing your fabulous news with us!  way to go!  you made it!
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!
I am so Happy for you!
Blessings <3
These forum posts need a "like" button.  :)
CONGRATS!!!!...you're cured,
Yay for you.. Congrats on your new life.  I had my first beer in 10 years after I cleared at 6 months post.. and it tasted like freedom.. Yippee!!!  I asked my doc if I could have one and she said yes, but not to over do it because the liver is still regenerating.. I had no plans on going out and getting drunk.. I just wanted to be able to order a beer and drink it..
Exactly my thoughts.... i want the freedom drink... so exciting!
I promise only ONE.... This forum helped me the whole way through.... thank you
I have been reading your comments for a year now... thank you and everyone
I am, thank you and to everyone on this forum
Just one freedom drink, Im calling it!
Thank you, Ive had it for 20 years.... FREEDOM is wonderful
OHHH, thank you again.. I do know they want to test in 6 months.. ill let everyone know the results
Thank you, I will only be having one celebration drink..
Thank you a million. This forum was the best for support. I lived on it
Thank you, We will all beat it.....
I asked my Dr. also, he said one a month is fine... im like you, I just want a celebration beer, because why Not?
Thank you, you all are wonderful, so lucky to have this
The button needs to Say... Holy --- I did it!
Wonderful news. Congratulations! You are cured.

If UND at 6 months after end of treatment, you are considered cured. The virus is not in remission. It is gone. Enjoy your new Hep C free life.
Yes, that is what all docs who know are saying.  YEAH!!!!!  I too shall break out the champagne on that fateful day.  How I long to be there and no longer be afraid.
It annoys me that there is so much misinformation out there and from a site that proclaims to be a Hep C site?  What the hepatologists are saying is that if it comes back after being SVR/Und after 6 months then that person was likely reinfected and not relaspsed.  So again, once gone, gone.  No boogie man here.
good job.  i think one drink is mandatory after SVR. congratulations.
Congratulations!
fontesse,  Here's to you!!  Enjoy your freedom.. It tastes great!!
Comgratulations – dance all night long with lots of shouting for pure joy, and yes that one drink is probably the most well-deserved celebratory drink anyone could have. I'm SO hoping to be joining you one day in that SVR-land that exists somewhere over the rainbow!
Yippee and congratulations to you!!!

When I get to SVR, someone can have my celebratory drink because for me (and many of us here) one is too many and a thousand is not enough.

People used to tell me "I didn't know you drank until I saw you sober once"... Funny, I don't seem to remember that day :o)
congrats to you!!!  now enjoy your hep c free life to the fullest.  best wishes.  belle
I've had it for over 30 yrs. did my party, drinkin, and If I get rid of it this time, I will call it done!! I buried my husband in 06 from this, I'm not going out like that !! Good luck to you all!! :D XOXO
Please let us all know the day you can jump up and down, Ill be waiting to hear!
  whew-hoooo, you did it, you are Hep C free!  I still have a 5 month wait, but if I clear, heck yeah, I just may slowly sip a Margerita~ Cheers to your success, and to everyone eventually ridding themselves of this virus : )